Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cade Mayes transferring, maybe Germans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Cade Mayes transferring, maybe Germans?

Sep 19, 2020, 4:48 AM

Did see anything on front page about it. Saw on ESPN that Cade is transferring. Guess he covered his 2yr contract with Dawgs. He was one that I was really shocked when he chose UGA last minute. He was dude I really wanted, thought he was gonna be a stud. He played all 14 games last year. He is transferring to Tenn but it doesn't give a reason but that he applied for waiver.

I bet if he was at Clemson he wouldn't be transferred in the middle of his college career. It always disappoints me when a player chooses another school in what appears to be last minute change and then they transfer before their SR season. It's like they bought some last minute $ales pitch and then realize they made mistake but Dabo doesn't take transfers, although this could be decent get with 3yrs left to play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cade Mayes transferring, maybe Germans?

Sep 19, 2020, 6:05 AM

Didn't he transfer to Tennessee last year?

He's been waiting on a ruling to play immediately

Sep 19, 2020, 6:39 AM

He played 14 games at UGA last year. It's on the Ticker of ESPN, unless they made mistake and have ticker re-run, looking for sport news. I dont recall him leaving last year. Saw it on replay of Coastal Carolina game. Unless they said he would play at TN this year and I missed the first part of the statement. You know they don't scroll like they used too, they just put phrases now, some connected and some not. One more thing to not like about ESPN.

Sep 19, 2020, 6:28 AM

I think his brother plays for UT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cade Mayes already transferred to Tennessee and has been

Sep 19, 2020, 6:45 AM

waiting for his appeal on eligibility. His appeal was just granted:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tennessee-ol-cade-mays-wins-immediate-eligibility-appeal-to-play-in-2020-after-initially-being-denied/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cade Mayes already transferred to Tennessee and has been

Sep 19, 2020, 9:27 AM

I guess missed the transfer news. I guess what I read was his transfer was approved. But as I bring it to the forefront I get a bunch on TDs, WTH, how does that deserve TDs since I didn't see it originally. Didn't say anything negative about dude, just that I wished he had stayed with Clemson.

There are some serious trolls on this site lately. Watch, I will get another troll on this post!

Re: Cade Mayes already transferred to Tennessee and has been

Sep 19, 2020, 1:18 PM

I agree with the important part of your first post. If he had signed with Clemson, he'd still be here.

Sep 19, 2020, 6:59 AM

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2020/01/09/tennessee-football-cade-mays-georgia-transfer-sec-2020/2851889001/

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/uga-opposed-mays-waiver

https://www.wvlt.tv/2020/09/17/ncaa-approves-cade-mayes-appeal/

I've been seeing reports about Cade Mays for months. He's finally been granted the waiver by the NCAA in a reversal.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 19, 2020, 7:41 AM

This Mayes kid is NOT Clemson material off the football field. Glad he's at UT. Do your research and you'll find out he's a real "jerk".

One of the strangest reasons for transferring

Sep 19, 2020, 7:46 AM

I’ve ever seen - his father’s pinky got chopped off by a folding chair at a UGA recruiting cookout or something and they sued UGA for damages?? So the kid transfers to Tennessee and files for immediate playing time because his dad lost the tip of his pinky? No way should that qualify as a reason to not have to sit out. These SEC parents are willing to do anything for their kids! And at this point what purpose does the NCAA serve if they allow this kind of crap and the Chase Young crap at Ohio State last year and the DB this year who already had an agent but “didn’t take any money yet” and opted back in? Child please! I was born on Tuesday but not last Tuesday. The NCAA office of “talk to the hand” has gone out of business apparently.

The NCAA has basically reached a point where they have to

Sep 19, 2020, 9:07 AM

approve virtually all of these requests.

Re: One of the strangest reasons for transferring

Sep 19, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to One of the strangest reasons for transferring ]

I've used many folding chairs. Never lost or damaged any fingers. If you do that you're not doing it right

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I give him and his father a half finger salute.***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I give him and his father a half finger salute.***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:20 AM

I bet they are high four-and-a-halfing at the mays house....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who?***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:21 AM

never heard of her

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 8:48 AM

Well that Dawg won’t hunt, plus now he’s been tainted.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic