Topic: CWS
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 18, 2019 9:46 AM by: greatertater
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

CWS

[1]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:23 AM

so....should we as Tiger fans really root for UM to win this thing since their coach has ties to us from when he was on Leggett's staff. Not to mention, if they did win it, Bakich would be the 3rd coach off Legget's staff to win a CWS. Pretty impressive stat.

I am rooting for any team NOT in the $EC.

[2]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:30 AM

It is impressive that two of Leggett's past coaching staff members lead teams to CWS wins, but he hasn't.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Which could beg the question,

[3]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:33 AM

Are Jack's former assistants better because of their experience with him, or was Jack/the Tigers good because of them being on the staff?

^ Hey 55...

[2]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:35 AM

Don't confuse me with baseball riddle today!

TIA.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Here's a wishy-washy answer ...

[1]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:39 AM

probably a little of both.

The same could be said of our football staff. Dabo has a very high football IQ, and I think he is a great coach. But, he has definitely surrounded himself with the best staff in college football. And, the important thing, he has kept them.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Great questions Salty and my honest answer is "Yes."

[1]
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 9:46 AM

It's really too bad he couldn't keep those assistants around but that just isn't the way successful programs usually work. That is, without question, one of the major reasons our football program has been successful obviously. I'm not taking anything away from Dabo by any means. After all he is the guy who sought them out, brought them in, and put them above where most programs would've in terms of pay and responsibility. Hopefully the staff will stick around for many years to come; especially BV. Also we didn't really miss a beat when we brought in new OC's either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 season tickets TDG Row Y seats 26 and 28 + Parking pass in lot C-1. $1,200, email if interested

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
658 people have read this post