Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#CUinTexas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,783

#CUinTexas

Aug 14, 2018, 12:16 AM

Less than a month before we turn Texas Clemson orange! Besides watching the Tigers trounce the aggies, what do we not want to miss? What plans do we make for gameday? For parking? For eating and drinking? What are the sights? Is there something comparable to Tigernet? Have flights, hotel, car, tickets. Now need to make plans on what to do. Appreciate tips!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #CUinTexas

Aug 14, 2018, 12:46 AM

I’ve been informed by the females in the family that we need to drive over to Waco and stand in line to see Chip and Joanna’s Magnolia thing and bakery. I guess that’s on Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 7:07 AM

Y’all enjoy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or you can be a man and say no***

Aug 14, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: #CUinTexas ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hope you're a big fan of shiplap and oversized...

Aug 14, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: #CUinTexas ]

galvanized wall accessories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Let's be honest here

Aug 14, 2018, 8:43 AM

who isn't a fan of that?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

yell practice

Aug 14, 2018, 7:24 AM

but we will miss that - we driving up sat morning from Houston

Yell practice is supposed to be cool tho

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: yell practice

Aug 14, 2018, 7:45 AM

went to yell practice last time. very cool.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 7:51 AM

Is that Friday night? Where?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 7:58 AM

at the stadium at midnight

Aug 14, 2018, 8:07 AM

Thats right! I won't be driving in from Dallas til Sat AM. Darn.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 8:24 AM

We have yellow practice on our list. We are Getting into Houston early Thursday morning so I am interested in things to do in Houston during the day on Thursday. And then we will drive to college station on Friday

Aug 14, 2018, 8:25 AM

Need to spellcheck before I post

Aug 14, 2018, 8:24 AM

An alternative to Magnolia Silos is the President GHWB library and museum on TAMU campus (and TAMU campus is impressive).... I've visited the W library at SMU.... and it is really well done, but hear that Sr's is better.... Problem with TX is that it is TOO big, and a long weekend is better spent at your destination rather than driving for 2-6 hours roundtrip to see a little of what's around .... check out the Aggie tailgating sites for rules and available spots.... If you are planning to be in town for a week, then a side trip to San Antone or Austin is a good choice....

Aug 14, 2018, 8:42 AM

WENT TO LIBRARY LAST TIME AS WELL. GONNA TAKE THE WIFE THIS TIME. PLENTY TO DO IN COLLEGE STATION. I AINT LEAVING THE CITY LIMITS. LOL

Re: deroberts

Aug 14, 2018, 8:57 AM

I think we want to see what college station has to offer. Where else do you recommend other than the library?

Re: deroberts

Aug 14, 2018, 9:02 AM

MAGNOLIA MIGHT ANSWER THAT A LOT BETTER THAN ME.

Aug 14, 2018, 8:34 AM

I posted a couple of months ago a “Welcome to CS” thread with what to do, eat, drink, tailgate etc... search my name and you’ll see my comprehensive list.

The biggest Aggie site on the web is TexAgs.com... something like 120K registered users. The great side of being the largest university in the nation is the capital to get #### done... the downside is, well, all of our village idiots can show their ### on the Net.

Thanks MagnoliaAggie

Aug 14, 2018, 9:05 AM

Looking so forward to this trip! Did you happen to discuss anything about Houston? We have Two days there. We were hoping the Texans would be at home that weekend, but they are not. Maybe the best place in Houston to watch the Texan’s game on TV?

Re: Thanks MagnoliaAggie

Aug 14, 2018, 9:17 AM

Here is my post from 2 months ago...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Welcome-Tiger-Fans---A-User-Guide-to-College-Station---23570930

As for Houston, my suggestion for watching games would be in one of these places.

1) The Woodlands Waterway (closest to CS) -- It's in Montgomery County but its one of the wealthier Houston Burbs. Clean, great looking people, and looks more like Upstate SC than anywhere else in Houston. I live on the backside of the Woodlands in Magnolia, and this is typically where we go (you are 30 miles from Downtown).

2) The Heights -- Lots to do and a cool area. Plenty of food and bars to choose from

3) Washington Avenue -- See the heights

4) Midtown -- Probably the rowdiest... very young crowd. An Aggie owns Pub Fiction. I'm sure he would buy you a drink or three.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic