Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

CU baseball

Mar 11, 2016, 8:59 PM

OK, I listened all last year from you "fire Jack" SOBs... you got what you wanted... now coach Lee wins a couple of ballgames and I hear ACC coach of the year BS. Better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt. GTH.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU baseball

Mar 11, 2016, 9:03 PM

Yeah you're right. He sucks because he lost 1 baseball game. I fully expected him to go undefeated in the acc this year, and 55-2. Unacceptable to lose a game in the acc. What a horrible hire.

Ha-ha, wow.

He's lost 2 to bad teams and was very lucky to win Wednesday night

Mar 12, 2016, 7:21 AM

Against a terrible team

Re: He's lost 2 to bad teams and was very lucky to win Wednesday night

Mar 12, 2016, 7:48 AM

Every baseball team loses to inferior teams from time to time. It's BASEBALL. When we get swept by these same teams, then you can bytch.

Yeah I can't believe we lost one to the coots***

Mar 12, 2016, 8:55 PM

You're pulse is about to drop

Mar 11, 2016, 9:05 PM

Fast.

Monte had shown flashes of a GREAT team, and losing one game doesn't diminish that. He's going to be great for this program. Not happy we lost, but he has me excited, even through the loss.

Re: You're pulse is about to drop

Mar 11, 2016, 9:13 PM

Monte still has to figure this team out. He's been on the job for what, 11 games? He has lots of parts to change around until he finds HIS team. But when he does, I truely believe he will do great things at Clemson. And he's done a great job so far without knowing exactly what part goes where. It's hilarious when people post nonsense over 1 freakin baseball game. I mean do people really think that we aren't supposed to lose any games at all? Nutjobs.

agreed

Mar 11, 2016, 9:16 PM

I'm excited to see what he does with this team and his teams in the future. Go tigers!

Re: agreed

Mar 11, 2016, 9:17 PM

Yes sir. Isn't it crazy that someone actually gave that moron a

Re: agreed

Mar 11, 2016, 9:18 PM

Thumbs up. Crazy how people over react.

Re: You're pulse is about to drop

Mar 11, 2016, 9:17 PM [ in reply to You're pulse is about to drop ]

Preface this by saying I'm not a baseball fan but a tiger fan. Lee looks like a great hire but I think the point is people are setting the expectations too high this early in the season. Again I like the hire. I also appreciate what Jack did for Clemson. It was time but our record at this point last year was one game better.

Go Tigers!

Yep, and Monte has a reputation as a great

Mar 11, 2016, 10:11 PM [ in reply to You're pulse is about to drop ]

recruiter. I foresee bumps in the road this year and even next. But then, watch out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, and Monte has a reputation as a great

Mar 12, 2016, 7:19 AM

One particular pitcher has pitched in all 3 of our losses. Interested to see if we will have a new ace soon.

Mar 11, 2016, 9:20 PM

They'll be ok. Still trying to find a pitching rotation that works.

Mar 11, 2016, 9:29 PM

What are you gonna say when he wins the next two and the series? Dude if we are above .500 in conference and take care of mid-week we are in the tourney and close to hosting. Jack could barely stay above .500 in mid-week games and that is what killed him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2016, 9:39 PM

No offense but I'm so ready for football. All this baseball and basketball talk is like watching paint dry

Mar 11, 2016, 9:31 PM

It's baseball. You lack much knowledge. Pretty sad.

"Better to be thought a fool and remain silent,..."

Mar 11, 2016, 9:37 PM

Physician, heal thyself :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2016, 9:45 PM

Baseball isn't a race...its a marathon. I know I have personally seen enough of Clemson baseball to know when to be excited or not and I'm telling you that you should be excited about this team. Will we be Omaha bound? Couldn't tell you...but we have easily the best pitching staff that we have had in at least the past decade. Especially the bullpen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 14, 2016, 10:36 AM

"...but we have easily the best pitching staff that we have had in at least the past decade."

You're kidding, right? All 3 starters from last year are currently playing pro baseball. Crownover was a 1st Team All-American, Erwin a 4th round pick, Koerner was dazzling at this time last year until the wheels fell off and then Jake Long saved the day.

Current staff doesn't have a consistent Sunday guy. So how is that the best pitching staff in a decade?

Agree the bullpen is better. Last year we had two consistent guys out of the pen. This year everyone is stepping up.

the '27 Yankees lost 44 games

Mar 11, 2016, 10:08 PM

generally considered the best baseball team to ever take the field (110-44) only won 7 out of every 10 games, just a bit better than 2 of 3. That's how baseball works. This isn't a sport like football and basketball, where you can just dominate every game every day. Winning every game is unrealistic.....the goal is to have a winning week every week - if you can do that you are a dang good team.

If you don't understand baseball, you just need to keep quiet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2016, 7:31 AM

Have a Snickers ST05.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Mar 12, 2016, 7:45 AM

wow - I hope ST doesn't put the same expectations on everyone he meets. We lost to an ACC team on the road and his balloon has burst already. Just chill, and sit back, and let's see how the season unfolds. The baseball I've seen so far is pretty satisfactory with all things being considered. I'm not sure why it's so devastating to ST so early in the process.

Mar 12, 2016, 12:42 PM

I have no doubt now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2016, 12:53 PM

It can not get any worse than Jack had it the last 3 years.
I don't have great expectations for this years team but I can already see the improvement.

Re That sorry son of a gun should have been fired several

Mar 12, 2016, 4:33 PM

years ago.

The program needed a rejuvenation. Jack did some great

Mar 12, 2016, 4:36 PM

things at Clemson, but it was pretty apparent that we needed a fresh start and some new energy.

Mar 12, 2016, 7:25 PM

Ski-tiger, you're Jack Legget! I'm on to your game.

Saddest and dumbest post in a long time.

Mar 12, 2016, 7:41 PM

Nm

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic