Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID-19 related...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,701

COVID-19 related...

Aug 7, 2020, 9:55 AM

When a vaccine is ready, and it seems that they are close to having a vaccine ready to market. Will it be an affordable vaccine like vaccines of serious disease in the past where insurance pays the cost like the preventative yearly flu vaccine???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID-19 related...

Aug 7, 2020, 10:01 AM

The vaccine will be too big to fail

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 10:14 AM

Great, who will be paying for the vaccine, customer pay, insurance, or Government???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 10:20 AM

Gubmint already invested some $500mil

Aug 7, 2020, 10:28 AM

The question is —- how long will theFDA test the drug before it is approved for use! Years?

Aug 7, 2020, 10:37 AM

I have not heard about the cost. I am hoping that there will be no copay just like the Covid test. Another angle is the MMR vaccine. We are getting emails at school stating that if you are up to date on MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) you may have some protection against the serious side effects of Covid. Oh. And to make this football related. Our football team is in the bleachers getting their picture made. An awesome site. Break time is over. Back to work...

Aug 7, 2020, 10:44 AM

raise your hand if you just can not wait to be shot up with the new government vaccine

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 10:55 AM

The last I heard it should be around the end of September. The problem is it will be enough for everyone so who should get the first immunizations. The answer was all the front line medical people, EMT's, and firefighters. I don't have a problem with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 10:54 AM

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirusvaccinetracker/

If you're into that sort of thing (armchair immunology). I read the other day that Modernas is triple the price of some of the others being developed ($30+ per shot and apparently need 2). Huge grains of salt with all of it, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know. Not getting it.***

Aug 7, 2020, 1:15 PM

mRNA vaccines are cheap and easy

Aug 7, 2020, 1:34 PM

To manufacture. I think I read about 20 bucks a pop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts:

Aug 7, 2020, 1:48 PM

1. Russia is supposedly making their vaccine available in October this year, ahead of when we likely will. Did you ever think you'd see the day when our government/bureaucratic/medical red tape was worse than Russia's?!?

2. It will likely be expensive, but I'm sure the government and/or insurance companies will subsidize it. That, or the vaccine company and insurance companies will make it appear affordable to promote goodwill, with benefits/compensation received in the future in exchange.

3. I'm not convinced that it will be effective or safe, although I totally understand why it's something worth trying. The long-term effects from the vaccine are not understood yet. That's a risk, which must be weighed with the risk of getting the disease itself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: My thoughts:

Aug 7, 2020, 2:04 PM

Doctor's in Russia who question the safety of the vaccine fall out of a window the next day.

Not much different than in the United States.

Aug 7, 2020, 2:05 PM

Sadly.

Proverbs 16:18

Re: My thoughts:

Aug 7, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts: ]

That, or they were at the wrong place at the right time to be accidently killed by a drive by shooting meant for someone else, but actually meant for them!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic