Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP scenario?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,842

CFP scenario?

Nov 29, 2020, 11:17 PM

Assuming we meet and defeat ND in the ACCCG, Bama wins out, and whatever team fills the 4th spot, how do you think committee ranks 1-4. Does ND stay in? Does the committee avoid a Clemson/ND semifinal match up being back to back games? I could see them ranking :
1-Bama
2-Clemson
3-Cincinnati
4-ND

I’m basing this off O-31-O not being eligible, if Bama wins out 2nd SEC team would have 2 losses, ND/Clemson losses to each other, Cincy undefeated group of 5 in crazy COVID year, and sets up potential Bama/Clemson final vs a 3rd ND/Clemson game.

What’s your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP scenario?

Nov 29, 2020, 11:22 PM

Yeah I would think ND would go to #4 and Clemson to 2 and either TexAM or Cincy to #3 if neither loses.
If aTm and Cincinnati lose a game, then O31O st probably still gets in at 5-0 or whatever.

Nov 29, 2020, 11:23 PM

aTm would get the nod over Cincinnati.

The only way for Cincy to get in would be that there are only three teams in the ACC, SEC and B1G with 1 or fewer losses. And, even then it may not be enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:07 AM

How awesome would it be if the team getting in the CFP from the state of Ohio was not Ohio State. What fun it would be fun to watch Day & Co. meltdown over that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:16 AM

***0 31 0 St gets in with their weak schedule/resume.

But, in your scenario. Cincinnati does not get in over SEC(ughh) A & M! They would have "only lost to Bama who is #1 at Bama! No they would not have made the SECCG but that rabbit hole has already been gone down hasn't it, with Bama.
They would say, "they are in a tough conference facing tough teams and only lost to the very best"!

Yes, assuming the Tigers meet ND in Charlotte and assuming the Tigers win - I see the Tigers being 2 and ND being #4.

Pairing would be:

Clemson vs. Texas A & M

Alabama vs. Notre Dame

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:48 AM

I would rebase your thinking because,IMO,no way does OSU get bumped by Cincinnati.
Oh, and don't ever assume anything.

Nov 30, 2020, 7:29 AM

My prediction based on your scenario:
1. Alabama
2.Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida if close loss to Alabama / Texas A&M if Alabama annihilates Florida

a lot of different scenarios can play out. I'm going to

Nov 30, 2020, 7:34 AM

wait and see in about three weeks and wonder who they will be. OSU will do everything they can to just play enough games to be in there. And if they do, I hope we embarrass them again!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,842
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic