Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP: Move from 4 to 8 teams in inevitable because of one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

CFP: Move from 4 to 8 teams in inevitable because of one

Dec 13, 2018, 1:01 PM

thing: Money! All the big players in CFP will ultimately be thrilled to bring home more $. Bank on it, maybe not next year, in 2 years and maybe not until the current contract is up in 2026 but it's coming!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP: Move from 4 to 8 teams in inevitable because of one

Dec 13, 2018, 1:22 PM

The power conferences and tv networks will only need about a week to do their due diligence for the cost/benefit analysis. The sticking point will be ESPN willing to give up their near monopoly on December college football. Fox and CBS will want in on a new playoff formula. Thus this will take time until ESPN falls farther and farther in revenue against their bad contracts like the NBA. Then they will come to the table to renegotiate the playoff. The conferences no doubt want a healthy bidding war.

Swofford on the other hand will probably agree to reduced revenue from the ACC Network. So Clemson will have that going for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, Swofford sucks big time!! Probably looking at a

Dec 13, 2018, 1:27 PM

better deal for ND as we speak. Already sold the ACC out by letting them compete in everything BUT football. Should have been all or nothing, just like the BIG 10 told them! What a sell out!

Re: Agree, Swofford sucks big time!! Probably looking at a

Dec 13, 2018, 1:49 PM

You know, I'm as big a critic of Swoffie as anybody. But I think getting Notre Dame's foot in the door for the ACC was the best case scenario. Once they decide to join a conference, and they will, it will be the ACC. It is in their deal that if Notre Dame joins any conference within the next 20 years, it has to be ACC. I like the idea that they are thinking ahead here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respectfully disagree! If they can get into the playoffs

Dec 14, 2018, 6:05 AM

like they did this year without playing in a conference and still have their OWN TV contract, what incentive do they have to join? Keep all the $ or have to share with other conf members? That's an easy decision unless the playoff committee forces their hand which I highly doubt because now they're going to discuss going to an 8 team format which is even better for ND. Sorry but I just don't see them ever joining and Swofford made that easier for them IMO.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic