Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Week 2 Notable Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 920

CFB Week 2 Notable Games

Sep 8, 2020, 11:25 AM

It's finally (our) Game Week! Since it's such an odd year and people may not have looked at the new schedules, I thought I'd post the biggest and/or most interesting games on the docket this week.

Thursday, 9/10
8PM, ACCN
UAB at Miami

Why should I care?
Will be the first game for an ACC team this season and our first chance to get a look at a future opponent. Miami will be starting Houston transfer QB D'Eriq King, who is pretty fun to watch. UAB is actually 1-0 already after beating Central Ark 45-35. Miami is perpetually underachieving so I think this will be a close game.

Saturday, 9/12
12PM, ACCN
Syracuse at #18 UNC

Why should I care?
First ACC Conference Game of the Season. We play 'Cuse 10/24 and won't see UNC unless we meet them in the ACCCG. The Tarholes have QB Sam Howell back after a great FR year and are expected to be one of the 3 best teams in the League. We'll see...

Saturday, 9/12
12PM, ESPN
Louisiana-Lafayette at #23 Iowa St

Why should I care?
Iowa St sneaks into the revamped top 25. They've got a good QB in Brock Purdy who will play on Sundays. The Ragin' Cajuns are coached by former Clemson OC Billy Napier.

Saturday, 9/12
2:30, NBC
Duke at #10 ND

Why should I care?
Duke officially named former Clemson QB Chase Brice its starter and I know everyone would love to see him show out and knock off the Irish in their first ever ACC Conference Game! Will also be interesting to get a peek at the ND atmosphere since that's our toughest road game this year.

Saturday, 9/12
3:30, ABC
GT at FSU

Why should I care?
First game for new FSU HC Mike Norvell so it'll be interesting to see how the 'Noles look to start the year. GT is in its second season with Geoff Collins and should be marginally better--he's had to overhaul that whole roster but has been recruiting well.

Saturday, 9/12
7PM, ESPN+
Citadel at USF

Why should I care?
El Cid is our home opener opponent so will be good to get a look at them in action. Will be Jeff Scott's first game as HC at USF.

Saturday, 9/12
7PM, ABC
#1 Clemson at Wake Forest

Why should I care?
Duh.

No SEC games on the slate til 9/26 so that's pretty much it. #5 Oklahoma plays Missouri St at 7 on PPV and #14 Texas (the Miami of the Big 12) plays on the LHN at 8 against UTEP.

Hey, I didn't say this was going to be the best week of football ever, but the Tigers are playing, football is back, and I'll be parked in front of the TV all day with some boiled peanuts and cold beer!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFB Week 2 Notable Games

Sep 8, 2020, 11:27 AM

Nice rundown!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 920
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic