Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS Sports Radio on Sirius has "Eye on College Football"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

CBS Sports Radio on Sirius has "Eye on College Football"

May 19, 2019, 11:22 AM

every Saturday.

They use one of their regular CBS radio hosts. You know what they talk about on that show?.. Lebron James, Horse racing, The NFL draft, Coach K, women's tennis and almost anything but college football.

The only time they mention college football is when they make a pitch for allowing Freshmen to go to the NFL or when talking about the NFL having a farm system. For a college football show, they sure don't seem to like college football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

That's Jody McDonald's show

May 19, 2019, 11:26 AM

He's a big horse racing afficianado. It's not a bad show during the college football season

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I never understand that. You never happen upon a show about

May 19, 2019, 12:48 PM

tennis, horse racing, motocross, etc. and fnd them even mention college football, let alone drift into a long discussion about it. It happens all the time on college football radio. Yesterday, I was either tuned into ESPNU or ACC Network on satellite radio, when the guy just kept gong on and on about having to take his daughter to a KPOP concert. The only reason I didn't change the channel sooner was that I just zoned it out. All of a sudden, I came to and was like what the hell am I listening to. Is he really still going on about that.

Here's some things listeners don't want to hear when they turn on a college sports network:

Your wife
Your kids
Your honey do list
Your restaurant experience last night
Any other sport, especially non-football professional sports
Your bad experience at the airport
Movies you like
Movies you didn't like
a 30-minute analysis of the bumper music

I understand that you have to put in some conversation, but these guys will dwell on these things for 30 minutes or more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because Clemson dominates college football, and

May 19, 2019, 3:29 PM

They can't stand Clemson, so they talk about anything but CF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic