»
Topic: By what metrics does one determine that Dabo Swinney is ranting rather than speaking?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 3, 2019 6:51 PM by: bdrechs®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

By what metrics does one determine that Dabo Swinney is ranting rather than speaking?

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 1:37 PM

I am fatigued of the old saw that labels Dabo’s speeches as “rants” - heaven forbid a Christian mayunn would rayunt!

Yawn.

2019 white level member

GO TIGERS

I think if he is wearing the sweatshirt and block C cap,

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 1:39 PM

they call it a rant. If he is dressed nicer, they just call it a presser.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I think if he is wearing the sweatshirt and block C cap,

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 1:42 PM

Makes total cents.

2019 white level member

GO TIGERS

Honestly, I listened to Coach Dabo's interview after the game....

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 1:41 PM

And did not recognize it as a rant until it was labeled that way. Still did not hear a rant.

Maybe there is one in today's interview.

But....that man suggested our Coach shut is trap.....which is the worst thing he could do. As a Clemson fan, I love that Dabo talks a lot....it makes me feel closer to the program all the way here in TN.

2019 white level member

Re: By what metrics does one determine that Dabo Swinney is ranting rather than speaking?

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 2:07 PM

It's funny how it's been labeled as a rant and lost in all the media coverage is what provoked the response in the first place: a MEDIA member asked him if the game had national (media) relevance (thereby implying that it didn't). The question itself was tainted with the same kind of slight from the media that he was talking about.

2019 white level member

Re: By what metrics does one determine that Dabo Swinney is ranting rather than speaking?

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 2:14 PM

Ding ding ding ding

^^yep

2019 white level member

GO TIGERS

Rule 1: If it comes from a three- or four-letter corporation

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 2:16 PM

it's FAKE NEWS.

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 2:30 PM

If anyone's feelings are hurt by any word he says = labelled a rant

HTH

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 6:51 PM

I think that’s pretty accurate. Truth hurts, and hurt is hate, so statements of truth are actually hateful rants these days.

2019 white level member

GO TIGERS

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 3:48 PM

I can think of two times that Dabo has truly ranted... The Spurrier rant (not about Spurrier, but about SC not being Clemson) and the Clemsoning rant.

There may be more but those are the 2 that really stand out to me as anything more than just backing his team. It felt like there was some anger coming through, when he's usually joking about things good-naturedly.

There have been a few smaller ones, like talking about Ryan Carter's recruitment, but they didn't last as long, and he was just taking up after one of his guys.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

When he goes far beyond his original intention because

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 3:51 PM

he gets really into it. Emotional declaration that takes a while.

Dabo has perfected his rant. He's wizard-level at this point.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: 4 lower level tickets in section 105 row 13...aisle seats 1,2,3,4.... will sell All 4 or split into...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
667 people have read this post