Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buying Stubhub tickets last minute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Buying Stubhub tickets last minute

Sep 21, 2017, 3:18 PM

Has anyone bought Clemson tickets on Stubhub right before game time and tried to enter the stadium by scanning the bar code from your phone? I did this once but the gate staff person was reluctant to do it. I looked for an official stadium policy but can't find one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it works***

Sep 21, 2017, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buying Stubhub tickets last minute

Sep 21, 2017, 3:21 PM

I've had good results w them if I print them out. Of course for you in this case that will probably mean either buying and extra seat for the printer or carrying it back to your car. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 3:25 PM

Yes, non-availability of a printer is the issue! It definitely works to scan from a phone screen without a problem, but it made me nervous when the gate person said it might not be allowed.

Re: Buying Stubhub tickets last minute- I could give a free

Sep 21, 2017, 3:40 PM

ticket but you have to buy a printer from me for $50 and the cartridges which are $600. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont do it

Sep 21, 2017, 3:27 PM

It's a scam. I too got the "reluctant" look from the staff person when showing him my phone. He called over a security officer who then took me behind the south upper deck stands. That the last thing I remember before waking up in a ditch in Seneca (right next to lot 1). It was a bad weekend to say the least.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont do it

Sep 21, 2017, 3:31 PM

Sounds bad, guess I better find a portable printer then.

Was the seurity officers name "Bob"?

Sep 21, 2017, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Dont do it ]

Asking for a friend.

Sep 21, 2017, 3:33 PM

I haven't done that, but Clemson offers tickets on your phone now through your online account. I started just "reprinting" them and it sends an email to my phone with the ticket. I've done it for both games this year, so I don't have to deal with a physical ticket (Just make sure your phone is fully charged before you head to the game).

Haven't had any dirty looks at gate 5, but I'm sure that depends on the person scanning tickets.

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 3:40 PM

Great, it's good to hear you've had recent success with it.

there will be plenty for sale outside stadium .. just bring

Sep 21, 2017, 3:41 PM

cash !

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there will be plenty for sale outside stadium .. just bring

Sep 21, 2017, 3:48 PM

Can I trust the guys that have cardboard signs that say "I need tix" even though they have a wad of tickets in their other hand? Asking for a friend...

Sep 21, 2017, 4:17 PM

Enter gate with the youngest looking attendant. They silver hairs don't trust that interweb.

Sep 21, 2017, 4:23 PM

The Atlanta Falcons only take tickets on smart phones - no printed tickets.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 8:09 PM

I typically print them out at the Clemson Library. And no you don't need to be a student. You can purchase a print card with cash at a kiosk in the library and print your ticket. Hell, I've even purchased them on a library computer.

But yes, I have had success with good prices. Especially if you need a single. 1.5-2 hours before kickoff.

I don't feel like I should share this, but how many singles can there actually be. I'd rather pass along my secret than find out a counterfeiter screwed you.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 8:16 PM

Fun story...

The last guy I gave this tip to was before Louisville at home last year.

I was panicking to get my dad in after a counterfeit fiasco, and I don't know the other guy's reasons, but he was also in a panic for a single.

After we each retrieved our tickets from the printer, working together to figure it out, he was so appreciative he handed us 4 mini bottles of makers mark.

Not a bad day. Not even a little.

So I'm passing it on. Karma and such.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2017, 8:33 AM

The Louisville home game last year is the one I risked buying on Stubhub mobile app and scanning from my phone screen at the gate without knowing whether it would work. I had actually thought about the library for printing if necessary, so thanks for confirming you've done it successfully!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic