Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant's getting better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Bryant's getting better

Oct 29, 2017, 8:25 AM

Something I found interesting, anyway...go back and watch Bryant's throws again. Game's up on youtube.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjem81uX_Y

Around the 22:30 mark you can see him hit Milan Richard on the post...off play-action. GT's safeties crashed in. He made several throws like that. Clemson didn't air it out a ton after that - the team mostly kept it on the ground, as the conditions dictated - but it's pretty obvious the staff knows that's there now anytime they want it. Bottom line is everybody is now stacking up against Clemson's run game, which in turn is opening up those 1-on-1's down the field, and even in the slop last night Bryant is starting to hit those throws. He was going to have to improve his throwing the second half of the season if Clemson was going to take that next step...and you can see he's showing signs of doing just that.

Also, everybody knows about our DL, but our LB's. Durn. Lamar, Joseph, and O'Daniel are flat killing people.

Another thing I liked seeing was the depth on display. Again. I saw 2's and 3's - again - all over the field in the second half and there was not much drop-off...whereas you saw exhausted (and beat up) GT starters falling out all over the field. Choice and Fuller closed the game out on the ground (running behind a lot of second-team OL) and again Clemson probably got 60-70 guys into the game. And I see a whole lot of young guys visibly getting better. Saw a ton of good stuff by guys like Overton, Pinckney, Skalski, Simmons, AJ Terrell, Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, etc, etc....

Encouraging signs. Also found it interesting the staff got Hunter Johnson in, instead of Cooper, and it was obvious the focus there was his ball-handling (which was indeed awkward, and was the stated reason why Cooper remains ahead of him on the depth chart.) Fascinating.

Style points be durned, the staff just keeps working away on stuff. Like it or not, that's how they're gonna do. And that is the hallmark of a team that's likely going to surge down the stretch while a lot of other teams are hitting the wall.

We do seem well-positioned for November, whatever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analysis as always, and an encouraging read!***

Oct 29, 2017, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice analysis***

Oct 29, 2017, 8:44 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

How can you mention the LBs...

Oct 29, 2017, 8:46 AM

And not mention JD Davis. The guy is a ball-seeking missile. He also STARTED. Yes, a Dabo 5-heart got the start over several other 4 and 5 star players.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Thanks Quo !

Oct 29, 2017, 10:35 AM

Personally

Oct 29, 2017, 10:36 AM

I think he's been consistent all year.

I was glad he didn't signal any first downs that he didn't actually make. So that was progress ??

Re: Bryant's getting better

Oct 29, 2017, 10:53 AM

Yes he is improving. I'd like to see us air it out more to help him dial in some of those overthrows.

I don't know what you do for a living

Oct 29, 2017, 11:14 AM

but you could easily do a better job than most of these overpaid sports analysts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got the same impression but I wondered after the game...

Oct 29, 2017, 11:21 AM

did Bryant's throws all seem fairly simple? Many of the short passes were thrown to stationary players it seemed. The TE route seemed straight down the middle along with the pass. There appeared to be a lack of need to judge the lateral motion of the receivers in those completions.

Where lateral movement was judged he seemed to overthrow the pass. I counted that up to the rain and a heavy ball. I was delighted he didn't under throw and get picked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant's getting better

Oct 29, 2017, 12:12 PM

Great post. I agree that KB is getting better with every game and looks like we can win with his arm when it is needed. (Possibly this week with NC States secondary)

Message was edited by: dabrian®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic