Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,967

Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

Sep 19, 2018, 10:32 PM

Apologies for the first post not working, I had to go in and snip these from Excel so they may be a bit grainy, but the point is still the same!

I tallied up the throws from the first three games and created these rudimentary excel graphs showing where passes were caught or attempted at. Squares represent completed passes and dashes represent incomplete passes.

There was not a huge difference in performance the first two games, but there is a noticeable uptick in passing across the middle when Lawrence was in the game against Georgia Southern.

What is most concerning to me is the lack of across the middle passing across the board from our offense, it is as if they have forgotten how deep posts and crossing routes work! We have far too many short throws and screens for my liking, but I am no offensive guru so I digress.

By my tallies, 27% of passes this year have been behind the line of scrimmage, while a whopping 49% have been less that 5 yards downfield! I hope that we can alleviate these issues and open it up across the middle as we move forward.

Regardless, I hope these open up some discussion as we look forward to bashing the nerds this weekend. Go Tigers!

EDIT: I updated these to better images now that I am at work and off the home laptop.

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet your chart would show the Ta&m qb warping our LB’er’s & DB’s across the middle

Sep 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

and way more than 5 yds past the line of scrimmage.

Saying..i am surprised & alarmed that our passing game is as short as you show!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bet your chart would show the Ta&m qb warping our LB’er’s & DB’s across the middle

Sep 19, 2018, 10:40 PM

Keep in mind these are where receivers caught passes, not including yards after catch!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

Sep 19, 2018, 10:45 PM

That’s awesome, I knew you would come through! Thanks Bro!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

Sep 19, 2018, 10:49 PM

It stands out that they trust Trevor down the middle and further down the field.

I’m sure our opponents chart us ever game like this too, especially their secondary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic