Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bravo Tony and Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,026

Bravo Tony and Dabo

Feb 27, 2013, 9:30 AM

This week, Tony McNeal decided not to play football anymore. He decided it would be best for him to serve the team in a supporting role as an assistant.

As far as I know, Tony conducted himself well, remained focused and despite being regarded high enough to have transferred last off season prior to his acl tear, remained a Tiger. Bravo Tony, bravo!

As a RS sophomore, I imagine Tony has at least 2 years of school remaining. Is this not a big risk to take? Doesn't he risk losing his scholarship? Apparently not. Apparently, Dabo is true to his word. I expect nothing less from the head coach of my Tigers but none the less, I say Bravo Dabo! Why? It's simple. If Tony had Nick or Steve as his coach, he'd be packing his bags to make room for one of the 27 signees!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: Bravo Tony and Dabo

Feb 27, 2013, 9:35 AM

Just dont say bravo too loud... bravocock might think you are calling him and come back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2013, 9:41 AM

When a guy has a career ending injury, he can retain his scholarship as a medical hardship, and it doesn't count against the 85 limit. Saban does this all the time at Alabama to clear space, even when players aren't seriously injured or injured at all. Dabo only uses this procedure for real injuries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2013, 11:10 AM

There are few coaches out there with the character Dabo possesses.

Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Bravo Tony and Dabo ]

I saw a report not long ago where all SEC coaches pull scholarships from kids who don't pan out. Not that they get kicked off the team, they just loose the scholarship. I believe there was one exception but cannot remember. If I find the report, I'll link it. To me, once you promise a kid a scholarship, you should honor it unless he violates team rules etc.

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Mar 3, 2013, 9:58 PM

You are all over it, and I do believe Dabo lives by his word. All of us have seen this when some kids who were hurt, etc. remain on scholarship. Dabo is a man of honor, and that puts him a cut above so many who call themselves coaches and whose fan bases swoon over their lack of integrity.

There have been many articles on the subject***

Mar 4, 2013, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Bravo Tony and Dabo ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This shows maturity far beyond that shown by

Feb 27, 2013, 11:22 AM

many players who transfer for"playing time" or a dream "shot at the NFL" which is not likely for most guys who don't even make the 3-deep. Shows he has his head on straight and sees the value of a Clemson diploma over all those other options.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy decision for Dabo

Mar 4, 2013, 6:08 AM

Dabo gave him a medical hardship scholarship. Happens all the time at lots of schools. "Nick and Steve" both give out medical hardship scholarships. It is easy and doesn't count against the scholarship limit. While I really like Dabo this decision wasn't any different than any other coach would make. Tony is the guy who theoretically made the tough decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic