Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd may have to carry the ball like he did vs Lsu
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Boyd may have to carry the ball like he did vs Lsu

Aug 24, 2013, 8:14 PM

for us to win.If we cant get a run gm going ,#10 MAY HAVE TO BARREL AHEAD and be Superman 1 more time!Nobody wants to see him have to do this ,but we may need him to get that WIN!!!FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd may have to carry the ball like he did vs Lsu

Aug 24, 2013, 8:17 PM

Have faith in Hot Rod and this OL. We will establish a ground game on 08/31

He will have to carry the ball

Aug 24, 2013, 8:23 PM

since that's part of the offense. I have faith the the OL and RB's will carry most of that load on the 31st.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly,

Aug 24, 2013, 10:55 PM

without Boyd calling his own number we don't get the extra threat. All the LBs can apply themselves to gaps and receivers. Take Boyd out and that gives the D another man.

He rolls out better than anybody I've seen except Johnny Football but his first step out of trouble and his strength to break those tackles are as good as anybody in the NCAA.

That's not what's gonna kill uga. Boyd's ability to read a defense and his quick and accurate decision making on the options will kill uga's LB corp and secondary. Both are young and are sure to be fooled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2013, 9:11 PM

He'll do what he must to get a win over Jawga, I just hope that it is not at his health's expense. The saving grace about his "balls out" performance against LSU was that it was the last game of the year.....time to recouperate during the off-season. Not many people can take that kind of a beating week to week. The RBs need to do their part and let him be QB....not full time RB too. I hope to see Hot Rod explode with production, and if not him, one of the other studs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 24, 2013, 9:58 PM

Heck - I'm not sure if we need very much of a running game with our WR's versus their secondary. We have 3-4 guys that will absolutely terrorize their secondary. I'm not even sure if we need to run at all.

Just throw it towards the EZ - TD. :) Well - maybe not quite that bad, but close.

Re: Boyd didn't get as torn up as the announcers for the LSU

Aug 24, 2013, 10:45 PM

game tried to make everyone believe. He got blasted several times at the end of his throws.

Had Boyd been playing on an SEC team the story line would have been, "It takes an SEC man to stand in there like that and hold his own until the play develops downfield."

Boyd knows those licks are coming. He's expecting to get hit. That's part of the game. He stands in there and lets the play develop. If he wasn't expecting to throw without room to follow through with his right shoulders he would always throw high. He's practiced that motion and adjusted his arm action to accommodate the lack of rotation by his right shoulder.

His passing is a helll of a lot better than anyone who doesn't understand throwing mechanics will ever know.

LSU didn't hit him late just to knock him out of the game they got frustrated with his accuracy even when they were making contact with his right shoulder. They'd not seen a QB who could make the throws Boyd made during that game because they played the soft azzed SEC QBs and a half a dozen QBs from D2 schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uga has nowhere near the defensive talent lsu did***

Aug 24, 2013, 10:59 PM

But Herbie said,

Aug 24, 2013, 11:12 PM

"The coach said this defense could be as good as last year's," speaking of the uga D of course.

He, Corso and I had a good laugh.

Re: Uga has nowhere near the defensive talent lsu did***

Aug 25, 2013, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Uga has nowhere near the defensive talent lsu did*** ]

Please keep believing this.

1) Can you really refute that statement truthfully

Aug 25, 2013, 12:51 AM

2) Why are you commenting on our board at 12:50am?

Re: 1) Can you really refute that statement truthfully

Aug 25, 2013, 12:54 AM

1) That was last year.

2) I like you guys. It's fun to be over here. I hate always having someone agree with me.

1) True but you lost a lot of talent

Aug 25, 2013, 1:00 AM

while I do believe your D will be better this year I think it's going to take time to gel especially with so much youth in starting positions. By the end of the year I expect UGA's D to be pretty formidable and i would be very concerned playing you. However this is the first game of the year and your young guys are going to make mistakes, as all young players do in big games against another good team. This is the key to me in this game. We are bringing back a lot of experience at all levels of our D. While they may not be the most athletic they will make fewer mental errors that will result in chunk yardage.

Re: 1) True but you lost a lot of talent

Aug 25, 2013, 1:04 AM

Honestly I'm scared to death of what your offense can do to our defense. Our best defense in this game is going to be a fantastic ball controlling offense, but I love the Clemson/Uga game. So I have to take a little time talk a little crap. Haha. Either way I've been ready for this game for the past 8 months. Whoever wins I hope they go on to beat the hell out of the coots.

If we agree upon nothing else it will be on that statement

Aug 25, 2013, 1:10 AM

I at the very least respect your team and if we were to lose I would have no hard feelings because most of your fan base are actually classy. Heck I was rooting for you guys in the last 2 SEC championship games.

I can't stand the coots in any way shape or form. I'm going to be one of your biggest supporters after our game and I hope that your team is fully healthy by the time our game is over so you can give them the much deserved butt kicking their due before we get our hands on them in November.

Re: Uga has nowhere near the defensive talent lsu did***

Aug 25, 2013, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Uga has nowhere near the defensive talent lsu did*** ]

We'll know one way or the other in less than one week.

I know you'll come back and gloat.

The question is, "will you come back and lick your wounds"?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I hope Tajh does carry the ball some...

Aug 25, 2013, 12:02 AM

That's part of our offense. That's what makes the read option work. If he didn't run the ball the defender we've left unblocked would always target the RB. Tajh is a fighter and with a cupcake after the UGA game he'll have time to recover from his bruises.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic