Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boy, Wayne LaPiere is making strong points
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 297

Boy, Wayne LaPiere is making strong points

Feb 22, 2018, 10:17 AM

We value our jewelry stores, banks, government offices, Hollywood more than our children. Evidence is the extent of what we protect!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was weak.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:21 AM

We expect our schools to not be a target. We expect banks to be a target.

You are right...it’s pretty sad that we don’t protect

Feb 22, 2018, 10:42 AM

Schools thru:
- tightening the mental:other loopholes in background checks
- providing more security at schools (we do it at FB games)

It’s pretty sad that all Americans are being asked to pay ..

Feb 22, 2018, 11:27 AM

For increased security, law enforcement and mental health intervention to maintain them existing status for access to certain types of guns and magazines.

Maybe the increased cost of “security” would be more palatable if there was meaningful changes to the gun side of the equation. Gun ownership is a right but having reasonable gun controls to help provide safety to all citizens and reduce the need for increased security seems balanced.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His solution to everything is more guns

Feb 22, 2018, 10:21 AM

#### him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We value guns more than our children.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:22 AM

Did he make that point or is it just understood?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this you being facetious? Think for a sec.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:12 AM

Do you really think people who support the NRA do so because they care about the guns themselves? Do you really think the entire point of the Second Amendment is because people like guns? The whole reason that there is a sense of urgency to protect peoples rights to own guns is so that the things that they cherish the most can be protected. For every mass shooting by a crazy person there are 500 armed robberies or home invasions.

This is yet another debate that is so irrational. Wave after wave of emotion is just crashing down on our Second Amendment. Hollow platitudes and ridiculous clichés are falling out of the sky.

The point that was made in the OP is one that gun control enthusiasts always ignore. All of the politicians who want to take away guns are protected by them. They would not be happy if their children were not being protected by guns. They don’t like guns, they like their children. That’s why they want guns protecting their children.

Same here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I do think some value gun rights over the right to life

Feb 22, 2018, 11:34 AM

liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I see it every month after each new school shooting.

I see it when the NRA and their henchmen in Congress make it against the law for the CDC to study gun violence. They don't even track the data on gun deaths. Why is that? Is it because the data and the facts might become a justification for reasonable gun restrictions? Of course it is. Even reasonable restrictions are opposed so that manufacturers can sell more guns.

If the reason is to protect their children, they might want to consider what the data shows us about gun violence and death. Otherwise, it seems their priorities are some place else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. I do think some value gun rights over the right to life

Feb 22, 2018, 3:30 PM

The FBI and CDC do a pretty good job of keeping track of firearm related deaths. Does the CDC not do it anymore?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you are missing the point of the NRA.

Feb 22, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Yes. I do think some value gun rights over the right to life ]

Gun rights are only important because they protect life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That is why the 2nd Amendment exists. To protect all the others.

I am an NRA member. Not because I want to go shooting with cool guns. Because I believe that an armed populace is a pre-requisite for sustained personal liberty. Invariably, without the physical means to keep something, someone else will ALWAYS take it away after a certain amount of time. People are so spoiled they have lost sight of the underpinnings of our relatively free lifestyle here. It's not there because people are nice these days.

Re: Boy, Wayne LaPiere is making strong points

Feb 22, 2018, 10:46 AM

anyone that advocates for teachers carrying guns in school is a fugging psycho.

He is advocating providing security at schools.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:51 AM

No where in his speech did he advocate teachers having guns.

Re: He is advocating providing security at schools.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:01 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43158994

and it was not trumps plan, he has been advocating this ever since Sandy Hook.

9/11 happened once

Feb 22, 2018, 3:38 PM

now you can't get on an airplane w/o taking your shoes off.

and the guy (or gal) sitting next to you

Feb 22, 2018, 3:42 PM

may be packing a weapon as an Air Marshall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False, I did not have to take my shoes off in Newark

Feb 22, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to 9/11 happened once ]

on Sunday when I was flying home.

ROH

How did you survive crashing the plane into a building?***

Feb 22, 2018, 4:20 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 297
Archives - General Boards Archive