Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden: ‘I thought that was a new rule?’
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,007

Sep 3, 2006, 1:31 AM

Clemson coach Tommy Bowden thought there was a new rule when it came to instant replays this football season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 ounces or not...

Sep 3, 2006, 4:10 PM

Bowden was an embarrassment yesterday. Who gets that mad over something like that? I'm sure all of that yelling made a HUGE difference with the outcome of the FAU game. And no matter what the outcome, whether he knew the rule or not, he shouldn't let the headset go near the official whether it's 3 ounces or 3 pounds. If you touch an ump in baseball you're gone. I'm proud of the Tigers, but Bowden's actions weren't necessary.

Here's why you are wrong and Bowden is OK

Sep 3, 2006, 4:26 PM

That scene is not one I want to see repeated. But you know what, a head coach is a manager, a coach, a teacher, a trainer, a counselor, a motivator, a recruiter, and sometimes ... an actor.

Yeah, sometimes you've got to get your team fired up. Sometimes you've got to show them that THIS GAME MATTERS, THIS PLAY MATTERS.

Bowden did just that. A lot of guys learned that he is totally focused on every opportunity for the Tigers to come out on top in each and every contest.

He didn't embarrass anyone. He didn't 'strike a ref'. He threw his headset on the ground and if the ref felt that it was directed at him he would have thrown a flag. Since the refs - a bunch of them - were right on top of it, where do you get off calling the penalty that they didn't see?

Bowden put on a great show for the team and the team appreciated the commitment. There are lots of dimensions to coaching and Tommy is putting it all together.

This is the year of the Tigers!

Re: 3 ounces or not...

Sep 3, 2006, 9:45 PM [ in reply to 3 ounces or not... ]

> Bowden was an embarrassment yesterday. Who gets that
> mad over something like that? I'm sure all of that
> yelling made a HUGE difference with the outcome of
> the FAU game. And no matter what the outcome, whether
> he knew the rule or not, he shouldn't let the headset
> go near the official whether it's 3 ounces or 3
> pounds. If you touch an ump in baseball you're gone.
> I'm proud of the Tigers, but Bowden's actions weren't
> necessary.

No way was Tommy an embarrasment to this fan. I'm glad to see some fire out of our head coach. It made me believe that he truly cares about every detail that's happening. That's a situation that in a tight game could have bneen the difference in winning and losing. I hope the players saw it and appreciated it as much as I did. You're the man Tommy!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After the game Reggie said the team was proud of him***

Sep 4, 2006, 9:57 AM [ in reply to 3 ounces or not... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 ounces or not...

Sep 4, 2006, 12:56 PM [ in reply to 3 ounces or not... ]

Look, you were probably the ones 2 years ago sayin that the tigers and sc were an embarassment, I have never witnessed our Tommy Bowden get that heated, personaly I think that we need more of that intensity on the sideline, we have lacked that, coaches never gettin in players faces, never gettin bent on the refs, all I have to say is its about time Bowden.

Coot***

Sep 5, 2006, 11:43 AM [ in reply to 3 ounces or not... ]

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic