Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Bowden Dynasty", anyone watch it? Really watch??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,617

"Bowden Dynasty", anyone watch it? Really watch??

Sep 18, 2019, 11:31 PM

And I mean actually watch it?

I can tell you I never hated Bobby but man i hated FSU!!! But if you watch the 2part series, I dont think you can question his success as a pure platform that Dabo has adopted??

First it's Faith, Family, Players! Then it's find best assistants you can find, followed by best players you can recruit and once you have a system play the best teams you can put on your schedule!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Bowden Dynasty", anyone watch it? Really watch??

Sep 18, 2019, 11:50 PM

I thought it was well done. Faith, Family, Football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 11:57 PM

Agree or disagree? Bobby had a great footprint follow and Dabo had a guy that was in the limelight to watch. Then add on the great Mentorship from Stalling and it is no doubt Dabo has been successful. I know Dabo wasn't directly tied to Bobby but I'm sure Tommy preached the same but maybe couldn't make it believable. But Bobby coming from Bama during that era, being very successful, having built multiple programs, and Bobby having strong ties to Bama from the days of watching practice from his back yard with his dad.

Dabo grew up and watched a great era of football coaches, but he obviously took great admiration and notes in whst created great success.

Bobby took his players to a white church one week then to a black church the following week. Seriously, how would that go over in American society today?? Why should it be an issue, players dont have to go!! But just imagine the "New Spring" rhetoric comments that the Coots would sling then!!!

Sep 19, 2019, 12:22 AM

I love the tenacity of those FSU defenses. Micky Andrews Seminoles were relentless and they hit you hard all game. Made you quit. I loved that stuff. I’m glad we are bringing that here now. Just keep hitting them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 1:43 AM

You know you become victims of environment or you can best tthe environment!!! Bobby never settled foe being hind dog when he coached against Florida and Miami! Like i said, not a FSU guy but definitely can follow the Bowden yrs! I was at Clemson during the Puntrooskie, i was sitting on the Visitor side, on the 50yd line as a freshman!!! It uapp

Sep 19, 2019, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: "Bowden Dynasty", anyone watch it? Really watch?? ]

You know you become victims of environment or you can best tthe environment!!! Bobby never settled foe being hind dog when he coached against Florida and Miami! Like i said, not a FSU guy but definitely can follow the Bowden yrs! I was at Clemson during the Puntrooskie, i was sitting on the Visitor side, on the 50yd line as a freshman!!! It happened right before my eyes!

Sep 19, 2019, 6:29 AM

I understand your hatred of FSU. Very reasonable. (Hatred being in the "football rivalry" concept, not in the "person to person" concept.)

As you pointed out, the similarities between Bobby's character and integrity and that of Dabo's is striking. When Dabo took the job, one of the first people he talked to outside of Clemson was Babby. He wanted to make sure Bobby understood he had nothing to do with Tommy being fired. (There was no coup.)

Dabo is this generation's Bobby Bowden.

As for Mickey Andrews, in Spurrier's last year he accused Bobby of teaching his kids to play dirty and hit late. Bobby's response was that he taught kids to play hard and complete the play. He used the phrase that Noles love and gators hated: We don't play to the whistle, we play to the echo of the whistle.

Brent Venables is this generation's Mickey Andrews.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Sep 19, 2019, 6:31 AM

We were Peanut Butter and Jelly of FSU and their success. Glad we returned the favor!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Many years to go

Sep 19, 2019, 8:16 AM

we lost 11 in a row to them when they came into the ACC. We've beaten them 4 in a row. There is a long way to go to repay that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't stand FSU nor their chant - GO TIGERS***

Sep 19, 2019, 5:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also can't stand Deon***

Sep 19, 2019, 5:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,617
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic