Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boiled peanuts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Boiled peanuts

Sep 20, 2019, 10:28 AM

Does anyone know where to buy boiled peanuts this year on the way in from Seneca?

Last year there were two spots—one in the parking lot of the Road Runner (which has now been torn down) and one in the Paw Diner parking lot but I haven’t seen either yet this year. Has it just been too early or have I missed them?

Thanks in advance

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are pretty good.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

Heat & serve

or cold of course

https://www.mccallfarms.com/product/margaret-holmes-peanut-patch-green-boiled-peanuts-jumbo/boiled-peanuts/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: These are pretty good.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:51 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 11:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 20, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to These are pretty good. ]

Yup, plus I'm pretty sure the Swink family are all Clemson grads.

If you've never eaten Margaret Holmes canned seasoned vegetables, you don't know what you are missing.

Make your own if you have an Instapot

Sep 20, 2019, 10:46 AM

Fill it up with a bag of raw peanuts, add water, 1/3 cup of salt and whatever other seasoning you prefer. Set on high pressure for 95 minutes. Let the pressure release on its own. Taste as good, if not better, than the Mountain Rest or roadside kind. AND you don't have to worry about eating rats... yeah it happens a lot...

Wait...what !?!?!?!***

Sep 20, 2019, 11:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I would like more info on this "eating rats" thing.***

Sep 20, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Make your own if you have an Instapot ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, yeah its gross

Sep 20, 2019, 12:59 PM

These people buy the raw pnuts in bulk. Well, you know these bags are piled up in an out building or carport. Long story short, I know a guy that bought some from a roadside stand and it had a baby mouse in it. ??

Re: Haha, yeah its gross

Sep 20, 2019, 2:17 PM

So do you have to pay extra for rat flavored, or is it all the same?

Its free! More protein***

Sep 20, 2019, 4:32 PM

I can't vouch for peanuts, but I worked in a soybean

Sep 20, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Haha, yeah its gross ]

processing plant one summer whilst I was in college, and that place had the biggest rats I have ever seen. And, there were a LOT of them to see, too. I worked the night shift filling railcars with soybean meal, and trust me, you did NOT fall asleep on the job with those critters running around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boiled peanuts

Sep 20, 2019, 11:01 AM

I normally buy a bushel during peak season and freeze them. Take as many out as needed, boil and have at it. Then you have them year around. Great to do during the cold winter months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 12:45 PM

Yuck. Looks and taste like baby ####. Don't you guys have teeth to eat regular peanuts?

Hold Up

Sep 20, 2019, 1:02 PM

We can say "####" on T-net now?

Sep 20, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Boiled peanuts ]

MyfavOrange ---Where do you get your green peanuts? Many years ago I had a source in Georgia. Also, during my working days I was in peanut growing areas and found a source just traveling through the area.

Many of the roadside stands are selling dried peanuts that are boiled, nothing like the green peanuts. We shouldn't find rats in green peanuts.

Do you find a difference when you place the green peanuts in a freezer and then boil on demand compared with putting the boiled peanuts in a freezer? I've always boiled them before putting them in the freezer. I plan to take some out of the freezer in the AM, place them in a pot and bring them to a boil long enough so they are thoroughly thawed. Will much on those goobers during the game.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 1:57 PM

Guys the OP asked where he could stop to buy boiled peanuts, not for recipes.

I know this is tigernet and the reading comprehension is a struggle for most but come on.

I used to love stopping for a hot bag of boiled peanuts on the way to games when I was kid.

Cant help but noticed you complained about

Sep 20, 2019, 2:23 PM

Tnet not answering the question but you never answered his question

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 20, 2019, 3:04 PM

Boiled peanuts are an abomination before God. ROASTED peanuts are the only true peanut.

I disapprove of what you do to a peanut, but I will defend to the death your right to do that to a peanut.

since peanuts aren't even nuts I disagree

Sep 20, 2019, 3:31 PM

like all legumes they are better boiled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Boiled peanuts ]

I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country - Nathan Hale

I will defend to the death your right to do that to a peanut - jscoot224

+1 for being a patriot

Sep 20, 2019, 4:54 PM

A guy in Landrum has an old food truck and sells different types. Salty Dawgs, Ric Flares, Hot snakes and others. He is at different locations throughout the week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 5:13 PM

My neighbor makes the best boiled peanuts. Regular and Cajun. He makes a big batch and sells them at the high school game where his daughter goes. He lives in Fair Play. Made 40 lbs for the home game tonight. He will sell out though.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic