Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black Sunday / Weekend for the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,503

Black Sunday / Weekend for the ACC

Mar 19, 2017, 4:14 PM

I never thought the ACC would have a worse weekend than the Black Friday of 1979 when Duke and UNC as the 1 and 2 seeds lost in Raleigh to St Johns and Penn. I was a youngster sitting there with my Dad watching the unthinkable.

UNC has Al Wood, Okoren, Jimmy Black and Dudley Bradley and lost to Penn out of the Ivy League
Duke was the defending National Runner-ups with Sparnarkel, Giminski, Gene Banks and Bender but lost to St Johns in the Pre-Big East Days.

That knocked the ACC out of the tournament and left alot of empty seats in Greensboro the following week at the Sweet 16 and finals. (St Johns, Penn, Rutgers and Syracuse did not draw well in NC.)

If the unthinkable and unimaginable happens tonight, then this weekend will replace that dark day.

There is nothing in the world better than ACC basketball. I hope tonight goes well. Off to GVegas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Black Sunday / Weekend for the ACC

Mar 19, 2017, 4:23 PM

#### if I'm gonna cry if they lose, even if it is the coots wining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2017, 4:28 PM

Wouldn't the irony be that the only national title won by the ACC would be our football national title? I'd love it. Of course we could win the CWS to make two national titles.

Mar 19, 2017, 5:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but Duke and North Carolina are the only two ACC schools remaining. Hope they win tonight especially Duke because of their opponent.

Ironically, the ACC women have only lost one team, NC State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2017, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Black Sunday / Weekend for the ACC ]

hey nancy - how does it feel to have lost to clemson in hoops? did you comment on series win over virginia in baseball? do you even comprehend that the college national champion in football is the big prize?? one that you will never see. you see deer girl, usuck is an afterthought - a #### stain, if you will. you will be gone after the loss in a little while to dook and once drad makes a decision. you won't be in ncaa tourney once again next yr and you'll have nothing. i know it sucks to be you and you have fooled no one. now, it's just a matter of time. clock ticking for you - tick tick tick

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Who cares? Unlike your coots, we don't...

Mar 19, 2017, 5:43 PM

live and die by what our conference does.

BUT we do care when coots play ACC powerhouse

Mar 19, 2017, 5:47 PM

DUKE must put cooters in their place.

I care whoever the Coots play and the Duke part is...

Mar 19, 2017, 5:48 PM

meaningless. I always want the Coots to lose no matter who they are playing..

don't care, not an ACC fanboy.***

Mar 19, 2017, 6:02 PM

Re: don't care, not an ACC fanboy.***

Mar 19, 2017, 8:17 PM

Me either!

Must be a Coot to think anyone here really gives a

Mar 19, 2017, 6:13 PM

Flying flip about ACC basketball in a tournament we aren't even playing in. ACC had 6 of the 8 Elite 8 teams last year and no one cared.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Coot, you don't have to post that every 10

Mar 19, 2017, 8:08 PM

minutes.

As so wisely pointed out by my earlier post ...

Mar 19, 2017, 8:24 PM

ACC is over-rated in Basketball. WE are not all "this and that". Other Conferences play faster, stronger, with more robustness ... ACC plays like a bunch of White Boys in a Church League

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As so wisely pointed out by my earlier post ...

Mar 19, 2017, 8:35 PM

sometimes, i pee outside - because i just feel like it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 19, 2017, 8:46 PM

Just confirms...The ACC is a football conference. THE BEST football conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,503
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic