»
Topic: Biggest QB controversy
Replies: 11   Last Post: Apr 26, 2018 6:49 PM by: CmoneyTiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Biggest QB controversy

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 4:57 PM

Would you consider Clemson, Ohio State, UGA or Alabama the biggest controversy in the country for QBs?

I would consider us to be the biggest with 3 big names, UGA as the least with Fromm coming back but Fields has balled out all spring I hear. Alabama and OSU are a toss up in the middle for me.

I think Alabama's is probably bigger because they have

[1]
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 5:05 PM

a guy like Kelly Bryant that's led them to TWO playoffs and then the guy that came in late and won them the national championship last year.

Though i guess since he's actually done it on the biggest stage you can make a bigger case for Tua than you can for Trevor Lawrence here.

Re: Biggest QB controversy

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 12:03 AM

Fromm and Haskins are locks imo so I would say between us and Bama for sure.
I think Bama's may he a tighter battle right now but if Lawerence or Johnson out play KB in fall practice and in game 1 it will get crazy around here. I do believe ours may be the biggest controversy within the fanbase though. Not sure about Bama but I would think about 75% of their fans want Tua. I would say ours is about 60-40 for TL with a good bit of that 40 for KB thinking that TL will and maybe should take over after a few games.

I would say Bama has demonstrated they can defeat our Tigers

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 12:10 AM

with KB at QB with either of the Tide QBs. The question is can Bama beat the Power Rangers and the rest of the Clemson Defense with improved DB play, and the emergence of a talented young Clemson WR corps and vertical passing threats on every down. That we shall see.

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I would say Bama has demonstrated they can defeat our Tigers

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:03 AM

I also believe our Tigers can beat Bama with KB starting. Just because we lost to them last year does not mean we will again.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:53 AM

The only way we beat them with KB starting is with the best defensive performance in Clemson history. KB put up a whopping 0 points on the board against Alabama last go around

2018 student level member

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 6:49 PM

IN could hit Tee a few times deep and stretch them out. Say he can't all you want.

That's really iffy at best. Off the top of my head i can

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 12:02 PM

only name 1 Bama loss from 2008 onward where the other team couldn't throw the ball and that was the 9-6 LSU game in 2011. They also avenged that loss 21-0 in the national title game, so I'm not sure that LSU win even gets full credit. 9 points in 2 games isn't going to win very often.

JMO...

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 12:53 PM

I think what we will see is a repeat of DW4 freshman year. KB will begin the year and at some point be replaced by Johnson or Lawrence. It is similar to what bama has seen. Hurts is good but Tagovioloa adds another dimension that Hurts does not possess.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:36 AM

Clemson the most by far followed by Bama. There is none at UGA or Ohio STate in all reality.

2018 white level member

Bama - Dad mixing it up with Saban***

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:54 AM

2018 white level member

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 6:38 PM

I don't think there's a QB controversy at Bama. Tua is the clear starter, and even their 3rd string qb looked way better than Jalen in their spring game. I'll give the nod to UGA. 2 elite qbs but only one can start. How long will Fields want to ride the pine in Athens?

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: NC State
FOR SALE: NC State: Lower Deck, Section S, Row Q, Seats 26, 28, and 30. We’ve had these seats for abou...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1852 people have read this post