Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Thanks to the Golden Domers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Big Thanks to the Golden Domers

Dec 13, 2018, 1:46 PM
bk.jpg(112.9 K)

Clemson came in to the Notre Dame game in 2015 as the #12 team in the nation. Since that victory, Clemson has never been ranked outside the Top 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking

Dec 13, 2018, 1:48 PM

but now ranking is big deal..for CFP!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking

Dec 13, 2018, 1:53 PM

It will not be raining in the jerry dome! We need to be aware of that. The Irish are much better when they are dry.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:08 PM

hahaha. Literally, some of their fans really think that. I've seen a few saying that in vid comments, about how it won't be in a hurricane this time and that'll just benefit ND. ^_^

Dec 13, 2018, 3:06 PM

hahaha. Literally, some of their fans really think that. I've seen a few saying that in vid comments, about how it won't be in a hurricane this time and that'll just benefit ND. ^_^

I don't think it is that big of a stretch when ND lost three fumbles in the 2nd Half to Clemson's 0. I think that's more than we have lost all year this season.

With that being said, I believe our 2015 team was more talented than our 2018 version and vice versa for Clemson. Both 2015 teams were very good. Does not have a huge bearing on this year's game I think.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:11 PM

It is when you look at which QB threw better in the rain... Think it didn't affect Deshaun's passing? Stats from the game say otherwise. ??

Dec 13, 2018, 3:18 PM

It is when you look at which QB threw better in the rain... Think it didn't affect Deshaun's passing? Stats from the game say otherwise. ??

Kizer did not seem to have much problems with it when we held on to ball in possession. Clemson's kicker forced a fumble on a kickoff, our receiver fumbled on the goal line, and we incurred one other fumble, however still had 3 second half touchdowns.
Jaylon Smith I think had a lot to do with it. Both teams were very talented and Clemson prevailed. I don't think it would have been a blowout in good weather.

This year's game features two talented teams again. I think over a twelve game schedule and most likely in hindsight judging from NFL success, Clemson 2018 has a higher ceiling and more talent than Notre Dame. I don't think it's absurd to think ND can make a one game run at it or at least make it competitive to the final whistle if they play well.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:37 PM

Yeah, not saying it would have been "a blowout" in any way...but I'm sure Deshaun would have thrown for more than 83 yards and a less than 50% completion rate.

That's where it affected Clemson. For ND, it was turnovers, for Clemson, it was the passing attack.

Dec 13, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking ]

So it only rained on the Nuetered Dame side of the field? It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard when someone says rain benefited one team and not the other. Just plain stupid. Almost as stupid as our commissioner John Swafford letting you “join” the conference in all sports but football and the NCAA allowing your sorry leprechaun a$ses in the playoffs without a championship game. ND doesn’t belong!

Dec 13, 2018, 5:39 PM

ND plays 12 FBS schools just like any Cobfetemce Champion. We also already beat the teams Clemson and Ohio State had to beat in their Championship games, as well as the next best teams in each conference. Strongly disagree, with all due respect.

We accept that if we have the same record as a conference champion that we will likely be left out or seeded below. The fact that we won 12 games without a loss doesn't make us worse than a team that needed a 13th game to get 12 wins because they lost to Purdue or Texas.

Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking ]

It’s climate controlled. Maybe they can make it rain on ND side of the field only

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 13, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking ]

We don't need to be worrying about national ranking, but about a big, fast, talented Notre Dame team with revenge on its' mind. If we are to be a great team, these are the kind of games we need to win. I do agree with Dabo (and Brent) that we haven't played anywhere our best game. This is ND!! We don't bring our best game, this could easily be a loss. Can't understand the folks looking ahead to Alabama. If we lose to ND, there won't be any Alabama. Has anyone noticed that ND happens to be undefeated? Hello, reality calls!

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigermaul= reggaeman

Dec 13, 2018, 2:18 PM

56-35

LOL

Dec 13, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep..the game was way bigger deal than our ranking ]

"If we are to be a great team, these are the kind of games we need to win."

Spoken as if we haven't been winning games just like this over the last 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL

Dec 13, 2018, 3:09 PM

"If we are to be a great team, these are the kind of games we need to win."

Spoken as if we haven't been winning games just like this over the last 5 years.

I'm guessing he means this year's edition.

From an outside perspective, Clemson is already there and has been. They've been on Alabama's level the last four seasons. Dabo made the ROY comment to deflect that it really is Bama/Clemson then "ROY". Georgia is likely to join that group next year and I expect them to be the best in the country based on their current youth.

Is that you SuperDawg?

Dec 13, 2018, 4:02 PM

Hahaha, nice try! Not as long as Kirby is there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Is that you SuperDawg?

Dec 13, 2018, 4:51 PM

David78® said:

Hahaha, nice try! Not as long as Kirby is there.

They return pretty much everyone and add the number 2 freshmen class to that (four 5* players). I don't see ND beating them next September between the Hedges and I doubt they'll stumble to an LSU.

That was pretty stupid on the fake punt though ??

Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on.

Dec 13, 2018, 1:55 PM

We have stepping stones to jump onto.

Re: Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:07 PM

and tombstones...a whole graveyard full of them!

And....they plan on a columbarium next door

Dec 13, 2018, 2:10 PM

to willy-Brice.

Columbarium: Isn't that some kind ofintestinal diagnostic tool performed when you're FOS

Dec 13, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on. ]

What in the he$$ does Carolina have to do with this game. My god, get a little focus.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:12 PM

Insanity reigns.

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigermaul= reggaeman

Dec 13, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on. ]

56-35

Re: Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on.***

Dec 13, 2018, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dirtpeckers have coat tails to ride on. ]

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic