Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big $$$$$$ Has Spoken in the Coot President Saga...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Big $$$$$$ Has Spoken in the Coot President Saga...

Jul 19, 2019, 3:07 AM

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/street-squad/usc/usc-donor-darla-moore-asks-for-usc-president-search-to-restart/101-be106168-e092-4423-8320-59bfdf92e629

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big $$$$$$ Has Spoken in the Coot President Saga...

Jul 19, 2019, 3:26 AM

BS is just talk, and BIG$$$$$ continues to walk tall!!! That is the nature of big business, $$$$$$!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 3:57 AM

So having a big money donor call the shots isn’t political? That’s rich.
What a bunch of yahoos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 19, 2019, 7:07 AM

She was on the uscjr board at one time and Nikki Haley kicked her off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 5:00 AM

" The university is an institute of higher learning and the surest way to extinguish it's integrity is to politicize it "

Lol . Integrity and U5C haven't been a partnership in my lifetime , Darla .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

She’s a large Clemson donor too ($10M+)

Jul 19, 2019, 6:02 AM

Education school is named for her father.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:39 AM

I'm puzzled why she had to include, "As the largest donor to the university ". Are there people on the board that don't know who she is ? Oh wait, it is uscjr.

Unfortunately , colleges have been big business for some time. Would someone like RC Edwards, who rose through the ranks, be selected now ???

Jul 19, 2019, 7:14 AM

Unlikely , but you can never say never .
Still not sure what the problem is with their current selection .

Anyone have any onsight into why he doesn't or wouldn't pass muster ?

DB23

Jul 19, 2019, 7:47 AM

I am no expect on the topic but, the appearance is the SC Governor has told the chicken board to select this guy. Over on FGF, the chickens has always envied how we put the correct people in places of power. Their selections have always been political because of their proximity to the SC capital. Too many politicians butting into their chicken business.

Jul 19, 2019, 7:24 AM

Darla is a local girl that has done extremely well for herself. Darla was selected as one of the first two female members to the Augusta National. The other was Condi Rice. So her success is noted nationally. I hate the coots as much as anyone but, have always been proud of what Darla , another SC female native, has achieved in life. She has given a ton of money to the chickens and some to Clemson. I was at the game when she was recognized at half time for donating money in her father’s honor. Her support to the USuCjr International Business School has help that school achieve it’s number one ranking. Every coot that I know is up in arms and embarrassed about the Presidential search. I imagine Darla is as well. I do not like the way her statement is worded. She needed to leave out the part about money and being a donor. Would have been more effective to keep it simple. If they do go on with their vote, I am getting the feeling that her money to the chicks will dry up.

Jul 19, 2019, 8:08 AM

Her dad, Mr. Gene Moore was the starting center on the 1948 team that went undefeated and beat Mizzou in the Gator Bowl. Darla has given very freely to the chickens, but also to Clemson. She has almost single handedly revitalized her home town of Lake City. I could care less who the chickens select as their president, though I do admit finding pleasure in their confusions! You best believe this, when Darla Moore talks, Columbia listens!

Thunbs up and a small correction.

Jul 19, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Big $$$$$$ Has Spoken in the Coot President Saga... ]

I graduated from MIBS when Darla made her donation to the business school and was present for her speech. 1. The international business program had already attained their national ranking (annually nr. 1 or nr. 2 - Thunderbird in AZ being the competition.) 2. During her speech, she remarked that the 2 Mill. to put her name on the business school was a bargain - something that always stuck with me for some reason.

She is an undoubtedly smart person who doesn't waste her time, effort or money. If she thinks they should start the search over again, there is probably a good reason ... at least, I should hope so.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jul 19, 2019, 8:00 AM

UofSuC could screw up a 1-car funeral.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 19, 2019, 8:04 AM

Well, they keep beating the dead horse don't they

Jul 19, 2019, 8:11 AM

I've found Darla Moore to have a good head on her shoulders and she seems to be less interested in politics and power than she is being a genuine friend to higher education in the state. I think this is a case of her using her influence for the greater benefit, and not with ulterior motives in mind.

Oh the hypocrisy and the irony !!!!

Jul 19, 2019, 8:46 AM

Wow...just wow !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

She's alot better lookin than I imagined.

Jul 19, 2019, 12:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic