Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best palace to stay for BC game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Best palace to stay for BC game.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:31 PM

A few weeks back several people ask about places to stay and things to do for the BC game. I know I should have taken better notes however, I would appreciate it if some of you could offer some advice again. Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have expensive taste, but maybe here...

Aug 20, 2018, 7:35 PM

Let us know if it's worth it.

https://www.batterywharfhotelboston.com/blog/bostons-venetian-palace

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have expensive taste, but maybe here...

Aug 20, 2018, 7:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Best palace to stay for BC game.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:43 PM

Harborside, middle of financial right on the subway.

Black rose is across the street, ran into clemson folks in there.

North end is a couple blocks away

Aug 20, 2018, 7:45 PM

We have stayed at the Hilton Financial District and Marriott at Copley. Both are very nice and close to the train and walking distance to many attractions. Boston is a great city! There is a bus tour that drops you off at many attractions all over the city. Busses run every 15 minutes so you can hop off and on easily. The North End had great food. Enjoy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Back Bay area.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:49 PM

Clean, safe, and lots of great restaurants and hotels. You get to experience Boston but are still an easy subway ride to Chestnut Hill for the game.

You could stay in Chestnut Hill and be closer to the game, but you won’t be in nearly as fun an area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Aug 20, 2018, 8:25 PM

Clemson

Aug 20, 2018, 8:50 PM

Here’s a link to my post that got a good bit of info in the replies. I found it helpful.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Boston-College-Trip---Need-Pointers-1811099&messageID=23763589

Main things I learned from my research:

Stay near a subway stop. Pretty much like NYC, if you’re near a line you are good to go as far as getting around.
Freedom Trail is a must do.

I ended up finding a neat AirBnB near Fenway. Was cheaper than hotel since we are going with another couple. WAY cheaper than down near the waterfront. Seems to be 20 bars within walking distance. It’s in the Back Bay area.

Go Tigers.

Stay near the subway somewhere downtown near the

Aug 20, 2018, 8:59 PM

sights you want to see. Can take one of the green lines (forget which one) to Boston College stop for game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to go wrong in this great city

Aug 20, 2018, 9:30 PM

I’ve stayed in a variety of places and have had only one unpleasant stay (near chestnut hill)

If you stay near the mta you’ll be in good shape. Amazing subway system,regardless of Charley’s experience. On the last few trips I have stayed in Cambridge near Harvard and MIT and that is a great place also. A vibrant young city that I promise you will love. When I say young I mean the population you will see the most. Students everywhere because of the vast number of colleges in the area. You will not begin to see it all in a football weekend so plan ahead!

Re: hard to go wrong in this great city

Aug 20, 2018, 9:55 PM

agree.in many places you hear about a college town,but in boston you you hear about a college city.lived there for 4 yrs. while in grad school.and it's had a profound effect on my life.met my wife there and spent many years with family and friends as a result.not to mention being a lifelong red sox fan.live in a rural area by choice,but if I had to live in a city,boston's the only one.brookline Marriott is a decent place to stay.the t is right there and takes you right up to bc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I stay at Harding House (B&B) for peace

Aug 20, 2018, 9:29 PM

https://harding-house.com/

Not near a ton of things in Boston, but well-placed in Cambridge. Tons of great, surprising food in Cambridge.

Can’t go wrong in the North End. Best Italian you’ll find will be there. It also is about as charming of a community as you’ll find in a metropolitan city anywhere.

Alston is a real college town if you want to do the beer scene / being around lively people.

Chestnut Hill is just hard to get to. If you want to revolve the weekend around the game, stay near SW green.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic