Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best KODI for the buck?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Best KODI for the buck?

Jan 17, 2018, 6:49 PM

Curious to know what Kodi box you'd recommend that is decent. Was looking at something like this as a basis to start a conversation on what would be better but curious to know the pros and cons of this versus a better solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MXQ-Pro-4K-Android-7-1-TV-Box-with-KODI-17-4-1G-8G-S905W-US-Seller/173063346476?hash=item284b61192c:g:C4YAAOSwFSxaIvHI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best KODI for the buck?

Jan 17, 2018, 7:36 PM

NVidia Shield or Fire TV. Shield is a little pricey at $179 but it is extremely fast! Plus you can download stuff from google play on it. It’s faster than every device I’ve tested. It supports sling tv, Netflix, Hulu, PSvue, YouTube tv, now tv and tv cast from iPhones and android.
It’s easy to put Kodi on it directly from google play you just have to put a build on it. The only downside is that it don’t support directv now ( you can still cast it).

That is a bit pricey

Jan 17, 2018, 9:15 PM

I wanted to break into the Kodi scene a bit cheaper to basically experiment before fully committing to a larger investment. But, you get what you pay for I expect.

Re: That is a bit pricey

Jan 17, 2018, 9:46 PM

If you are wanting to just get on the “kodi scene” without spending a fortune. The fire stick is the cheapest way to go. You can basically get them for $25-$39 in every store now. In this case, you do get what you pay for , I have gotten my money’s worth out of mine.

Jan 17, 2018, 8:04 PM

I have the Nvidia Shield and really like it. If you want a streamer for Kodi to stream pirated movies, don't waste your money. Most of the Kodi add-ons that are used for this are going away due to lawsuits.

Yes, I wanted to check out the pirate options for grins.

Jan 17, 2018, 9:18 PM

I have a Roku streaming stick + and two smart TV so this isn't so much about being able to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc or to get the free Roku related things. I wanted to watch the "real stuff" but if it's all being shutdown then what would I use the Kodi box for?

Jan 17, 2018, 8:28 PM

Mi Box...Walmart electronics dept... $69
Best bang for the buck

Pleny of processing speed and memory for you?

Jan 17, 2018, 9:19 PM

What have you discovered so far for $69 that it's lacking?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic