Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Besides Kelly Bryant have there been any others...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Besides Kelly Bryant have there been any others...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:07 AM

Using the new transfer rule?

I haven't heard of any if there are but maybe I out of the loop

Any looking to transfer to Clemson or any Clemson is looking at? Not only QB but other positions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides Kelly Bryant have there been any others...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:11 AM

A wide receiver at Oklahoma State decided to transfer after three games. He was a four or five star recruit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides Kelly Bryant have there been any others...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

There's been a few actually and there's also a bit of controversy for undergrads. The new rules only allows a player to redshirt if they only play 4 games or less. However, that year does not count for "sitting out a year" when transferring. Of course for guys like Kelly Bryant who have already graduated this doesn't matter as they don't have to sit out a year. But for Juniors like Taj Griffin who plans to transfer, 2018 doesn't count as the "sit out" year and he would have to sit out 2019 and in 2020 his eligibility is gone. Thus, he's basically ending his career immediately by transferring this year because he doesn't understand the new rule. The NCAA is having to decide whether or not to provide a waiver to these guys who are victims of the confusion.

Here's more on the issue:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/new-redshirt-rule-has-its-complications-including-a-potential-consequence-for-undergraduates/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic