Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Believe Coots have a NIT Tourney Champ troph..our time Now!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Believe Coots have a NIT Tourney Champ troph..our time Now!

Mar 24, 2014, 4:50 PM

We missed out in 1999/2000 & 2007? when playing for the Championship..so let's do this bad boy so we can equal the Coots in this arena of round ball (forget the smaller version of round ball since they've taken us for 3 this year).

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Believe Coots have a NIT Tourney Champ troph..our time Now!

Mar 24, 2014, 4:51 PM

Did they repeat in NIT?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's that time again

Mar 24, 2014, 4:54 PM

Time for biLL to rapid fire posts on the Tiger Board(s)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yes, but difference...

Mar 24, 2014, 4:55 PM

Is they peaked at that level with all seniors and we are trying to do it as springboard to get to a higher level with so many young guys...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots repeated-- 2005 and 2006 NIT Champs

Mar 24, 2014, 5:05 PM

Not really the kind of repeat you aspire to but they have a couple none the less

That's one trophy they can have that we don't that doesn't

Mar 24, 2014, 5:27 PM

really matter to me. Don't care if we don't win this year, so long as this team continues to improve and makes the REAL tournament next year.

ahhh..the coot does...

Mar 24, 2014, 5:40 PM

not want Clemson to have a trophy like them.

Re: ahhh..the coot does...

Mar 24, 2014, 6:15 PM

haha i'd rather yall get one - then you can't say our Two NIT championships don't matter. Truth is NIT championships are worthless and I wish we didn't have a banner for them, esp. since they were back to back.

A win is a good sign for next years team, and that's it

I disagree....

Mar 24, 2014, 7:01 PM

NIT championships are not worthless. Some people want to say that it only means you are the 69th best team in the nation. Even when you coots won it, I said that was not true. Probably 50% of the teams in the NIT should have been in the NCAA. But, due to conference champs of the smaller schools and not so hot schedules of other teams, there are many teams in NCAA that should not be there. You, as a coot, should know that. The coots went undefeated in ACC play 1970 and were not invited to NCAA tourney because they did not win the ACC tourney. Only tourney champs were allowed to play, and only 1 team from each conference. The NCAA should be based on the top 68 teams and not confernce affiliation.

Your legend Frank McQuire did not win a NIT title.

Re: I disagree....

Mar 24, 2014, 9:51 PM

it meant more back then... now it probably means you're one of the top 35/40 teams in the country.

Re: ahhh..the coot does...

Mar 24, 2014, 7:17 PM [ in reply to ahhh..the coot does... ]

I really don't want to have anything like them.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you continue with the charade? Who do ya think ya

Mar 24, 2014, 6:04 PM [ in reply to That's one trophy they can have that we don't that doesn't ]

foolin'?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you continue with the charade? Who do ya think ya

Mar 24, 2014, 6:44 PM

Yes they had two of them. they declared and cheered they were the 65th best team in the country

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Mar 24, 2014, 10:13 PM

fooling no one

Absolutely no disrespect meant to the team, but

Mar 24, 2014, 7:14 PM

In my view, an NIT trophy is like a Tangerine Bowl trophy...nice to have in the case, but not something you necessarily put in the front row of the display. And I sure as #### don't want one so we can "equal the Coots". #### with that. I'd be thrilled for the team to be recognized for their hard work but...let's just say I'm not gonna be running out and buying new car flags and "2014 NIT Champs" gear. And I sure as heck won't be going apes#!t over the championship like SCar did back when they got theirs.

Well I DO want a NIT NC Trophy since it means we won all the

Mar 24, 2014, 9:49 PM

way from the bottom to top of the competitors in our way..and that's really what sports is all about..being a sport and winning every time out..which the NIT Troph would mean!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, Bill, and also think that

Mar 24, 2014, 10:00 PM

it would make somewhat of a statement to the ACC and the rest of the nation about the focus and drive of this team. I'd love to have that trophy!

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I cheered like crazy for our two titles BiLl

Mar 24, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Well I DO want a NIT NC Trophy since it means we won all the ]

If you are in it....might as well win it!

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Re: Well I DO want a NIT NC Trophy since it means we won all the

Mar 25, 2014, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Well I DO want a NIT NC Trophy since it means we won all the ]

Thank you. It would be a great accomplishment. It's a good thing most of you people don't coach or play. You're pathetic. You think the players and coaches don't want to win this thing. You're all idiots!! What kind of fans are you? The kind I wish Clemson didn't have that's for sure.

I want the NIT trophy since it means I will get to see the

Mar 25, 2014, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Absolutely no disrespect meant to the team, but ]

Tigers win 3 more games. It also means that the team will have won 25 games. NOBODY would have bet $1 on that.

Re: Believe Coots have a NIT Tourney Champ troph..our time Now!

Mar 24, 2014, 10:00 PM

...It is a championship trophy and Clemson should be proud to have one. We had back to back...I guess that means we were only as good as we were going to get for those two years. I would rather have an NCAA bid than an NIT championship...but if the bid is not there then the NIT championship is the next best thing....

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic