Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Before you guys defend Mus...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Before you guys defend Mus...

Jun 20, 2019, 12:01 AM

You should listen to some of his self-appraisal on Carolina Calls.

I'm not providing any links, so you'll just have to believe me. Or not.

He freely admits that the Gamehens are their own biggest enemy. He admits to players committing stupid penalties and bad reads that lead to turnovers, taking bad sacks, blowing coverages, missing assignments and tackles, and inadequate preparation. Then he admits to poor playcalling, coaching failures by his staff, and poor oversight by the guy in the mirror.

Right before he complains about inevitable it all is because of how many true freshmen he has to play because of injuries, lack of depth left by his predecessor and the rigors of the SEC.

Whenever he does that (after every dismal loss), Ol' Sparky Ellis has to pick him back up again, congratulating Mus on things like getting out of bed, staying sober in spite of these messages from our sponsor, and knowing all of his kids by name.

So don't be in a hurry to defend him. He is one of the state's highest paid employees, and without W's to his credit he must constantly demonstrate that he is worthy of his $$.

If the Admin are patient with him, he will eventually find some decent coaches and learn to lead them effectively. But he will also need to inspire the loyalty required to keep ambitious and skilled coaches in Columbia. As of now, i cannot see that happening.

*Apologies for citing that show. I listen to 92.7 KSX during the workday. Sometimes CC is on when i return to my car.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before you guys defend Mus...

Jun 20, 2019, 5:00 AM

* Crowd chanting *

5 more years !
5 more years !
5 more years !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

TNet crowd...?***

Jun 20, 2019, 6:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 7:34 AM

I think we should do something nice for him. We should petition the State Legislature to give him a lifetime contract. It would mean more coming from us. We could also go to the NCAA and push to let Bentley stay as Coot QB for as long as he wants. We're just that kind of giving people.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 7:47 AM

Only if Manafold can be their talent evaluation expert.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:53 PM

Would that be Manafort?

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic