Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

Mar 15, 2019, 6:23 PM

Remember the trick kick into our empty coverage area & unreal but nice recovery in 2015 that gave them an extra possession & later a score, which was the difference.

Then in 2018 he went on 4th & short at their 35 in 1st Qtr..and fake FG..etc.

Saying, He’s known in 3 of the 4 meetings that we had the equal talent & coaches to rival him & his team.. and he was right (2-2).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

Mar 15, 2019, 6:26 PM

sorry... don't believe saban was "scared". he may have realized our talent was equal to superior to his and he had to take some chances.. but scared? i say no

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

Mar 15, 2019, 6:32 PM

Never heard of an off sides kick. He must really be losing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 6:51 PM

Nick Saban is not a boy scout, but is one of the all-time great coaches. He's not in a popularity contest. Neither is Dabo Swinney who played and coached at Alabama, before landing at Clemson. Both are fierce competitors, and I admire that and we need to remain on our "A-game" because Saban and Alabama aren't going anywhere. And, neither are we.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared! ]

That kind of kick beat us in a previous championship game.

Mar 15, 2019, 6:58 PM

I have to agree with you. Saban is a smart guy. He had studied Clemson enough that he knew we had the upper hand. I felt like he was calling the game in a manner that showed he didn’t have confidence to win straight up against us and was rolling the dice with his play calling straight out the gate.

Mar 15, 2019, 7:03 PM

I don't think he was scared. But the strange plays would indicate that he wasn't confident that his team could win by playing their normal game.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:32 PM

Saban was playing out of his normal element. Clemson is not an $EC school.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree. I'm not over-thinking it. Wouldn't say scared though

Mar 15, 2019, 9:40 PM

He was "smart enough"!
He was "football knowledgeable enough!
He was "informed enough"!

He knew Clemson would come into the game and "know where to attack his team"! He knows, "other teams coaching staffs" just "try and out physical them"! Well heck; Bamer will win that every time! Except occasionally maybe losing to LSU is is also a really gifted athletic team!

He knew these kids wouldn't quit and be put in position and thus "took calculated risk"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just forgot to practice for some of the "copycat stuff".***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe scared or maybe not, but I do know that going for it

Mar 15, 2019, 10:13 PM

on 4th down from your own 35 in the 2nd quarter is "desperate". That tells you right there Nick knew they couldn't keep up with us and had to keep us off the field. It tells you he is smart, and he realized they were in trouble WAY early on.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic