»
Topic: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 10:13 PM by: Fordtunate Son
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:23 PM

Remember the trick kick into our empty coverage area & unreal but nice recovery in 2015 that gave them an extra possession & later a score, which was the difference.

Then in 2018 he went on 4th & short at their 35 in 1st Qtr..and fake FG..etc.

Saying, He’s known in 3 of the 4 meetings that we had the equal talent & coaches to rival him & his team.. and he was right (2-2).

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:26 PM

sorry... don't believe saban was "scared". he may have realized our talent was equal to superior to his and he had to take some chances.. but scared? i say no

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Been said Coach Saban has made rare & irrational calls vs Clemson..meaning he was scared!

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Never heard of an off sides kick. He must really be losing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:51 PM

Nick Saban is not a boy scout, but is one of the all-time great coaches. He's not in a popularity contest. Neither is Dabo Swinney who played and coached at Alabama, before landing at Clemson. Both are fierce competitors, and I admire that and we need to remain on our "A-game" because Saban and Alabama aren't going anywhere. And, neither are we.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:52 PM

That kind of kick beat us in a previous championship game.

[3]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 6:58 PM

I have to agree with you. Saban is a smart guy. He had studied Clemson enough that he knew we had the upper hand. I felt like he was calling the game in a manner that showed he didn’t have confidence to win straight up against us and was rolling the dice with his play calling straight out the gate.

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 7:03 PM

I don't think he was scared. But the strange plays would indicate that he wasn't confident that his team could win by playing their normal game.

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 9:32 PM

Saban was playing out of his normal element. Clemson is not an $EC school.

military_donation.jpg

agree. I'm not over-thinking it. Wouldn't say scared though

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 9:40 PM

He was "smart enough"!
He was "football knowledgeable enough!
He was "informed enough"!

He knew Clemson would come into the game and "know where to attack his team"! He knows, "other teams coaching staffs" just "try and out physical them"! Well heck; Bamer will win that every time! Except occasionally maybe losing to LSU is is also a really gifted athletic team!

He knew these kids wouldn't quit and be put in position and thus "took calculated risk"!

He just forgot to practice for some of the "copycat stuff".***

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 9:48 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Maybe scared or maybe not, but I do know that going for it

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 10:13 PM

on 4th down from your own 35 in the 2nd quarter is "desperate". That tells you right there Nick knew they couldn't keep up with us and had to keep us off the field. It tells you he is smart, and he realized they were in trouble WAY early on.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 tickets in sec S asking 1200 each ,half down for deposit and balance due in August, email if inter...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
784 people have read this post