Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beating a service academy by...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,928

Beating a service academy by...

Nov 17, 2017, 6:23 PM

...more than 30 is lame and disrespectful. I love seeing power 5 programs play service schools, but most will limit scoring as to not blow them out. This is especially true with a division II FCS program like Citadel. Shutting them out sucks and scoring more than about 40 sucks too. Just get healthy this week and smack the coots!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beating a service academy by...

Nov 17, 2017, 6:41 PM

I would like to see Clemson play full throttle for 60 minutes- starters, backups, whoever. And let the chips fall where they may.

So I guess SCar's loss to Citadel was simply an utmost

Nov 17, 2017, 6:45 PM

show of respect. Check.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See here.

Nov 17, 2017, 6:45 PM

You put the game away first. While you're doing that the opponent is playing their starters and making them tough for the next game. Often when their starters are worn and others take their place you are playing your backups which are fresh and want to make a statement. What that leads to is who has the best bench.

You can't tell your players not to do their best, that's contrary to everything you've learned, worked on and tried to instill in them.

Dabo goes beyond all that and plays guys on the four deep early as we did against FSU. Did you know that last TD against FSU was scored by the RB who is 4th on our depth chart and that entire drive was composed of running plays down the middle? Jimbo should have punted on 4th down like any reasonable person. We were too far ahead on the scoreboard for him to win the game.

It's likely our 4th team is better than most D2 teams' starters. Dabo calls vanilla plays with kids on the field who have no grass on their uniforms.

Handing them the ball and letting them score or taking a dive to try and make them look good is lame, disrespectful and would bring the ire of every service school in America. Talking about insult!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure you feel that way because the coots can't beat them.

Nov 17, 2017, 7:40 PM
image.jpg(79.5 K)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2017, 7:43 PM

Citadel is a "service academy"? Who knew!

I knew Camden Military Academy was, but the Citadel!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 8:56 AM

so you are saying the OP is legit, but is not applicable to The Citadel and VMI?

Nov 18, 2017, 10:08 AM

I graduated from the Citadel and we're definitely NOT a service academy. In fact, as a freshman, while in the front leaning rest (push up position ) they'd tell us, "ANYONE NOT ON SCHOLARSHIP OR CONTRACT RAISE YOUR HAND."

Then they'd say, "EVERYONE With Your HAND up, You're Paying US To Do This To You Right now...."

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Nov 17, 2017, 9:47 PM

#### how do mods let chicken #### pile up on the boards?

except for the fact that The Citadel isn't a service academy***

Nov 17, 2017, 10:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2017, 10:19 PM

The Citadel isn't a service academy.

Nov 17, 2017, 10:19 PM

Beat me to it. Derp ;)

Nov 17, 2017, 11:34 PM

I think we should play full throttle for the first half and let the subs have the second.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic