Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s Basketball Picked to Finish Tenth in ACC Preseason Polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,363

Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s Basketball Picked to Finish Tenth in ACC Preseason Polls

Oct 16, 2012, 11:27 AM

Clemson Women’s Basketball Picked to Finish Tenth in ACC Preseason Polls

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s Basketball Picked to Finish Tenth in ACC Preseason Polls

Oct 16, 2012, 11:38 AM

I think these girls might surprise some people this year. I know they are young but we just got a huge boost in talent.

null

talents is not the issue

Oct 16, 2012, 11:59 AM

coaching is imo. We shall see this yr for sure tho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: talents is not the issue

Oct 16, 2012, 10:49 PM

Coaching? How do you judge coaching when you are flat undermined with not a single ACC caliber player on the roster? ACC backup or two at best. This season the freshman class NOW has players that should be future ACC starters but they are still freshman. This is her first class because it takes 2 years to recruit ELITE talent. Her second class is
Nationally ranked and she now seems ONLY to be recruiting elite players. coaching begins with talent when you are in a major conference. Maybe in a lower level of basketball coaching still matters but in big time basketball talent comes first AND THEN you coach them up. This is occurring currently and the future is bright in terms of recruiting. A buddy of mine from NC called me and said the best player in NC 2014 keeps coming back to Clemson and talking about our coach. He thinks a commitment will eventually happen. She is the 3rd ranked player nationally and considering Clemson? Women's bball has NEVER recruited at this level and this is just the beginning. It takes at least 5 yrs to rebuild a program or its just a quick fix. Patience.

Brownell took over a program with long athletic cats and in order to run his stuff he needs a different type of player. Purnell made Clemson known for these types and now he has to change the perception and get a totally different type of player all over again. Also, BB had to go through a number of coaching changes which ultimately will help him. Both programs will be alright. We are truly a football school so I will never ask our fan base for patience there but let's give these people a chance.

Wow I wish there was an over/under bet on this.

Oct 16, 2012, 11:39 AM

Because I think its almost a sure bet that we will finish higher this year. I'd project in the 6th-8th range. And next year will be even better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s Basketball Picked to Finish Tenth in ACC Preseason Polls

Oct 16, 2012, 11:41 AM

Yawn....Basketball. We are terrible in Women's and Men's. Are we good at anything besides Football and Golf? What has happened??

Based on the last two coaching hires....

Oct 16, 2012, 11:54 AM

it is abundantly clear the university administration doesn't take women's basketball seriously in which case, how can the media, or anyone else for that matter, be expected to take it seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Are there 9 teams or 10?***

Oct 16, 2012, 11:16 PM

Oct 17, 2012, 1:01 AM

I'm surprised we are ranked this high.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic