Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coinsâ„¢ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler

Jul 4, 2013, 12:35 AM

Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you pay someone in Indiana to write this?

Jul 4, 2013, 2:00 AM

Wait! GIVE HIM MORE TIME!!! LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please Butler......Make an offer.......PLEASE!***

Jul 4, 2013, 6:55 AM

Release him..

Jul 4, 2013, 7:35 AM

Clemson, do the right thing, let him out of his buyout.

Good riddance.

Can I make an offer

Jul 4, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Please Butler......Make an offer.......PLEASE!*** ]

That you don't post about things you are clueless about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is completely lost.***

Jul 4, 2013, 6:44 PM

Re: Please Butler......Make an offer.......PLEASE!***

Jul 4, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Please Butler......Make an offer.......PLEASE!*** ]

Good lord you are a sad little man.

null

Re: Basketball Update: Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler

Jul 4, 2013, 7:42 AM

First off,nothing is "impossible".
If enough donors ,and alumni want Brownell, they could find a way to pay for the massive buyout that Brownell has.
Secondly,as much as I like Brad,and really do want him to succeed,another year like this previous one and Clemson just might let him go.
I figure Brad has two years, this one and next.
I am aware that his teams have had injuries,and desertions after Purnell bolted for DePaul,but Brad has just not gotten the players needed to compete in the ACC,let alone be competitive against UNC,Duke, and now Louisville.
This season,imo,will tell wether or not Brad has this program going int the right direction.
He does not have to win the ACC,but he does need to be competitive.
I think this team also needs to make an appearance in the Big Dance,and hopefully win one game.
We shall see.

Re: Basketball Update: Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler

Jul 5, 2013, 1:10 PM

And if we do send him packing....what do we do next? Hire yet another mid-major coach. I don't see Shakka leaving VCU to come back here. I like Brad - I think he's a good x's and o's guy but he just has so much going against him.

We're not exactly a historically strong b-ball program. Granted, we should at least see NIT trips but still, not like we have a great history of big runs in the NCAA. He's finding it hard to recruit just like Rick did when he was here. And it's fixing to get alot more difficult with Louisville, Pitt, ND & 'Cuse coming in. Not to mention the facilities he has to try and sell recruits to. Littlejohn does not exactly carry any "wow" factor to it to these young kids - esp when they look at these other facilities. Heck, look at Nebraska's. Are they a b-ball powerhouse (still aren't) but their facilities are lightyears better than ours.

Until the school decides to truly support the b-ball program, Brownell or whomever....results will be about the same.

Jul 5, 2013, 1:45 PM

Ding Ding Ding!!! Some expect Brad to out recruit other ACC teams when he has to share everything basketball with the girls team. Boom Boom Boom, it will never in h&ll happen. Build it, and Brad will get them to come. Don't, and we will have exactly what Brad and every other Clemson BB coach has had. The left overs after the others with great facilities has taken their pick of the best talent that we could have had if our facilities wasn't just in the dump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny what OP and Barnes did with those "left overs"***

Jul 5, 2013, 1:59 PM

Re: Funny what OP and Barnes did with those "left overs"***

Jul 5, 2013, 2:39 PM

But why be content with the left overs regardless of what any body else has ever done with them. Sure with eye opening facilities we could do much better with better talent that the bells and whistles attract. I personally believe that OP bailed at the nick of time before his career at Clemson took a drastic dive. Just look at what recruits say about our FB facilities. Would you live on dump street when you knew you could afford anything on great street. I'm going to live on great street myself. And it wouldn't matter to me if the POPE was the land lord over on dump street, it's still a dump. Build Brad comparable facilities, if it still don't work out for him. It will maybe work for the next coach, it wouldn't hurt him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how little you seem to know about college basketball***

Jul 5, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Funny what OP and Barnes did with those "left overs"*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jul 4, 2013, 8:58 AM

I need all 5 of the former "posters" just to settle down...it's only 2 more days until the highlight of your week comes along...shopping at the jockey lot...go back to bed and come back on when you can write something you know about.

What I know..

Jul 4, 2013, 10:13 AM

You think you know a lot more than you do.

Jul 4, 2013, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Update: Brownell listed as "impossible" but perfect fit candidate for Butler ]

I am settled down,and how would you know that I shopped at the jockey lot unless you personally saw me out there?And I know more than you think I do so if I were you(thank goodness I'm not)I would take your advice and go back to bed yourself.Only I would suggest taking a sleeping pill.

Jul 4, 2013, 1:50 PM

I wouldn't worry about Brownell going to Butler. Only way that happens is if they absolutely can find no one else. His time at Clemson sure isn't impressive. Oh, wait. I forget. He is a genius that only needs six, or seven, years to repair a program that went to the NCAA the first year he was here. Am sure that BB is trying his best to get it. Good luck. Worse things could happen at Clemson.

Brownell sure has this coot upset.***

Jul 4, 2013, 8:24 PM

Jul 4, 2013, 8:14 PM

Send him packing!!!!

Why dosn't anyone ever threaten to take dabo?***

Jul 5, 2013, 5:10 PM

nm

Why do you post on Tigernet with a Tiger handle and aren't

Jul 5, 2013, 8:10 PM

a Clemson Tiger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic