»
Topic: Baseball Update: Clemson not selected as a host
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 27, 2013 8:27 AM by: clemtiger117
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9   Pages: 1  

Baseball Update: Clemson not selected as a host

Posted: May 26, 2013 9:12 PM

Clemson not selected as a host

Read Update »

Re: Baseball Update: Clemson not selected as a host

Posted: May 26, 2013 9:18 PM

That should come as no surprise!

Just like when it looked like we were peaking at the.......

[2]
Posted: May 26, 2013 10:27 PM

right time we turned around and collapsed. No excuses.

The appearance of peaking came against less than....

Posted: May 27, 2013 7:54 AM

stellar competition.

military_donation.jpg

I'm mad enough to chew nails and

[6]
Posted: May 26, 2013 9:40 PM

"spit" tacks.

But not at the NCAA's regional host choices......I fully agree with their decision NOT to select Clemson who---and lets be honest with ourselves (even us old time diehards)---played themselves out of an almost certain hosting situation (per many pundits) in the last 2 weeks.

The final and penultimate "reward" for the Tigers most recent play would be to get sent to the Cola regional(and to be honest, I think a case could be made that the chickens also played themselves out of a being a host as well). I sincerely hope that doesn't happen right now.

In my 60+ years of attending Clemson sporting events, the absolute worst "weekend" I've endured was the 2 game loss to chickentech in Omaha which knocked the best team in the country and the best team Clemson's ever had out of a national championship shot. (Texas was playing terrific ball in Omaha that season)

Sadly, I saw the same attitude and approach to the games this week that I saw in the overconfident Tiger team that lost 2 in a row to the freakin' chickens that season----apparently our coaching staff and players were convinced they'd get selected as a regional host (they certainly played well in late April and early May). IMO and while I don't want to go into pitch by pitch details, the unc game was winnable and should have been a victory.

I'll be cheering loudly where ever the Tigers get sent (hopefully I can convince the Boss into letting me attend)----Still, nails taste mighty nasty.

2017 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: May 26, 2013 10:42 PM

Well anyway you look at it the Tigers have 2 maybe 3 games left and the season will be over .With the lack of hitting Clemson prolly won't far well from here on out.

The post season brings a new season

Posted: May 26, 2013 10:50 PM

The abysmal ACC "tournament" backed us out of a hosting bid. But oh freaking well! Earlier people were trying to say this team wouldn't make the post season. It's time to shake it up in the line up.

And one thing is for ### sure. Somebody has got to grow some balls and become the bonified leader of this young squad. I vote McGibbs.

Re: The post season brings a new season

Posted: May 27, 2013 6:33 AM

Who ever was saying the Tigers wasn't going to make it to the post-season knows very very little about college baseball....

Late Season Collapse = Road Trip

Posted: May 27, 2013 8:13 AM

This shouldn't be a surprise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: May 27, 2013 8:27 AM

Lose 5 in a row this is what happens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

Replies: 9   Pages: 1  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Bowl game tickets and travel

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Sugar Bowl
FOR SALE: 2 Club Sideline Section 339 Sugar Bowl tickets - $750 per ticket or best offer. Get your tickets her...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2093 people have read this post