»
Topic: Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 2:08 PM by: brandon9
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 10:23 AM

Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

The departure of senior defensive tackles Jarvis Jenkins and Miguel Chavis and the dismissal of tackle Jamie Cumbie last June have left the Clemson defense in an unfamiliar position – a lack of depth in the middle of the defensive line. Full Story »

2018 admin level member

Re: Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 10:55 AM

This is how you build a winner. Find kids that are smart, tough, strong and will run through a concrete wall for you.

"It doesn't matter, as long as I'm on the field helping the team."

That is what will keep him on the field. Attitude.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Hope he keeps packing it on. We need Defensive Tackles that

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:16 AM

weigh 290+. 250 - 270 is too light to play inside, IMO, especially in shorter yardage situations.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Hope he keeps packing it on. We need Defensive Tackles that

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:02 PM

an athletic DT who is simply a player can still command double teams because a lot of OG's have trouble with athletic DT's. athleticism with leverage is a big thing on the inside which is why a big guy with strength can be deadlocked by a smaller guy with athleticism and technique. this is why grady jarrett is going to surprise a lot people and probably not redshirt. he is 280 already and a state champion wrestler in GA. jarrett knows locks and throws and is country strong. jarrett is my pick to add depth from the freshman class and eventually prove to be a steal... but barnes is going to be fine at 275 for depth purposes but still has time to add more weight and improve our DL play overall for the future as he continues to bulk up.

2018 white level member

I agree, Ive been saying all along that Grady Jarrett is

[2]
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:29 PM

gonna be the biggest surprise of this 2011 class. He didn't deserve to be a 3 star, he just didn't have the breakout senior season in HS that he should've. I've actually talked to him via text message and he said that his senior season was plagued with minor injuries & illnesses, but have you seen his Junior stats? like 18 sacks and 20 or 30 some odd TFL.

Plus, it also helps being the nephew of Ray Lewis =)

military_donation.jpg

i think dodd(if he qualifies) has the potential out of all

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:35 PM

the DT's in this class

Williams, lost in the cycle becuase early local commit

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 1:20 PM

but prob the one who for sure will not RS and already well over 300. Rumored to have grown an inch or two late, as well.

yeah i believe williams will be agood one as well***

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 2:08 PM

Re: Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:06 PM

I like his attitude. Should help the team. Defense should have plenty of playing time opportunities for younger players this year. It will be interesting how the competition plays out at each position.

I was excited when we landed Barnes over FSU last year

[2]
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:31 PM

I believe if he gets up to 280-285 by at least october, He will be fine. Him and Grady Jarrett are gonna command the interior of our D-Line starting in a year or so, they're gonna be nasty.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: USC: 6 TIX Together. 40 YD LN, LOWER SOUTH. SEC E, ROWS O,P. 2 Aisle Seats, Seatbacks. UPS or USPS P...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2440 people have read this post