Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barbara Kennedy Dixon passes away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,848

Barbara Kennedy Dixon passes away

Jul 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

https://twitter.com/WDonaldMunson/status/1021498819211669504

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP Barbara...

Jul 23, 2018, 5:12 PM

you were a heck of a basketball player when I was at Clemson.

Sounds like you were a better person afterward.

Peace to you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Barbara...

Jul 23, 2018, 7:48 PM

All American both on and off the court! We will miss you B. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

One of the Clemson Greats!!

Jul 23, 2018, 5:16 PM

She was never my Academic Advisor (Wayne Coffman was) but I remember her for being so nice, courteous, positive and professional. Most importantly, I should mention caring.

One night after a really brutal workout, I completely blacked out in study hall. Barbara Kennedy Dixon was on duty that night and Billy D happened to still be there as well. I vaguely remembering Billy D telling me "to wake up or he didn't want me coming back there". At that moment I was out again and wouldn't respond. I think it was Barbara that called 911.

Next thing I remember is looking down at the floor as Jason Holloman had thrown me over his shoulder and carried me out as Barbara pulled her van around. They placed me in the front seat of her van until the Ambulance arrived. She stayed with me while they tried to get me to respond, and put IV bags in both arms. Eventually, they knew they had to take me to Oconee.

I remember her checking in on me the next day and asking me how I was doing the next few times she saw me.

I never had a lot of interaction with Barbara, but I will never forget her smile, positive energy and caring heart!

Rest in Peace Barbara!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the Clemson Greats!!

Jul 24, 2018, 12:25 AM

...as a Type 1 diabetic, I've had similar experiences, and can only say that I would not wish a "low blood sugar" on my worst enemy. I don't presume to assume, but that's exactly what it sounds like. She was certainly one of our greats, and always will be. God bless her, and all her family.

Re: Barbara Kennedy Dixon passes away

Jul 23, 2018, 5:18 PM

Sad to hear .

Godspeed.

A Clemson legend , no doubter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Barbara Kennedy Dixon passes away***

Jul 23, 2018, 5:20 PM

Re: Barbara Kennedy Dixon passes away - God Bless***

Jul 23, 2018, 5:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for keeping us updated, Crump...

Jul 23, 2018, 5:28 PM

its a sad day for the Clemson basketball community

Ms Kennedy-Dixon undoubtedly fought harder to beat this disease than any battle she was ever in on the court. Condolences to friends and family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was an amazing ball player

Jul 23, 2018, 5:29 PM

was The best lady tiger I ever saw. Much too early to be called home. God bless!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Difficult to hear***

Jul 23, 2018, 5:52 PM

Jul 23, 2018, 6:06 PM

Munson nailed it . Hear Hear !!!

DB23

Jul 23, 2018, 7:10 PM

:(

Jul 23, 2018, 9:05 PM

RIP Barabra, I'm sure you are resting where God puts his very special flock to rest. Prayers for her loved ones, close friends, and all the people that she truly touched their lives in special moments. God bless you all and remember the best times that Barbara shared with you, Amen!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 9:29 PM

I have an 'Ouch', but know she now has peace...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,848
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic