Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Band cut from ACC championship game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Band cut from ACC championship game

Nov 20, 2017, 11:33 PM

The ACC has decided to cut the band halftime show at the ACC championship. We need to write the AD to let them know we support the band:

https://www.collegemarching.com/content/acc-benches-bands-at-championship-game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Band cut from ACC championship game-Pres not AD

Nov 20, 2017, 11:56 PM

Swoff works for all the ACC Presidents. This is his doing and it needs to be stopped now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie needed some more pocket change. Sold ad time.

Nov 21, 2017, 1:12 AM

School bands make him and his family zero cash. Zero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Band cut from ACC championship game

Nov 21, 2017, 12:02 AM

They have no idea what they're doing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 12:04 AM

This is really stupid....one band plays pre-game, the other halftime?

The ACC has lost sight of why it even exists.....It is not just for money.

It's a huge expense for bands to travel to games and both deserve to play for 6 minutes during halftime and both should do the pre-game.

This should be addressed at the highest levels by both universities....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 5:15 AM

I for one am ok with this.. give them time to rest their marching legs and save some energy for the TWO POST SEASON games.

But in all honesty, count me as someone who never understood power of the band. I sit in west end zone at games and can barely hear them at all...ever. If I can team?, can other fans? I have a bigger issue with our oppenents band blaring a few sections over.

Without a band, how can you spell out Clemson during

Nov 21, 2017, 5:56 AM

Tiger Rag?

just asking.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don’t have a music major. Our kids are volunteering

Nov 21, 2017, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Band cut from ACC championship game ]

Think about how much you hate FSU’s band and then imagine college football without that. Not as fun to me at least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great.

Nov 21, 2017, 6:40 AM

Instead, we get to watch a couple of goobers try to throw a football into a giant Dr. Pepper can.

I hope Larry Culpepper gets herpes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

My memory is terrible, but I recall Clemson and Minnesota

Nov 21, 2017, 7:02 AM

doing a combined halftime show when I was on band at independence bowl. Not sure why both band can’t do pregame and a combined halftime show,

I know a lot of sports fans snicker about the band, but could you imagine college football without things like FSU band constantly playing war chant, or;LSU’s flag/dance line? No tiger rag? Keep marginalizing them at games, you are going to lose football fans. A lot of kids and parents get interested in football because of their band experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 9:17 AM

Everyone going to the game should immediately start booing as soon as Miami's band finishes their halftime performance and continue throughout the whole "sponsor-related content".

No one cares about this sponsor content crap. The crowd is going to be in concession lines or the bathrooms anyway. At least with the band, you can still hear them playing while not in your seat.

Back in my day most Tiger Band members would have said

Nov 21, 2017, 9:20 AM

"So we get to go to a game and not march?! Sweet!"

Really not a big deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:29 AM

Its a general consensus from Tiger Band that Pregame is much more important than any halftime show. Pregame is THE penultimate Clemson traditional ritual. No one in the band minds this one bit because they get to do pregame and then chill the rest of the game.

Nov 21, 2017, 10:29 AM

You're missing the point. This is part of a trend that has slowly progressed since the late 70s/early 80s...

Bands all over the country used to travel to most if not all away games. Not so anymore (Tiger Band is one of the VERY few exceptions).
TV networks used to show halftime shows in their entirety on every game they broadcast. Not so anymore.
At many South Carolina high school football games nowadays, the bands have been eliminated from halftime altogether. Many high school bands perform their halftime shows after the game is over.
And now this...it's just another cog in the wheel in the systematic phase-out of the concept of the marching band at football games.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic