Topic: BV is a defensive genius. How many of you noticed the new
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 2, 2020, 5:00 PM by: rcurton
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

BV is a defensive genius. How many of you noticed the new

emoji_events [7]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 3:56 PM

wrinkle on Saturday?? Hint: one NFL team has been using this effectively.

2021 white level member

May 6, 2020: "I know I went to Clemson and got a degree, prob more than you ever did. And I bet my IQ is higher than yours too !" sociologycoot843

Re: BV is a defensive genius. How many of you noticed the new

[2]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:00 PM

Yep, I loved the adjustment too. We caught a lot of the passes that the Pitt QB threw.

It's a game plan that I think we should employ more often. Venables did it again!

2021 student level member

[2]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:02 PM

The tradeoff is not having Spector in the game but man......huge payoff in turnovers. Also, the emergence of Greene at the nickel is special. I think BV may have found the formula to beat ND.

2021 white level member

May 6, 2020: "I know I went to Clemson and got a degree, prob more than you ever did. And I bet my IQ is higher than yours too !" sociologycoot843

[2]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:06 PM

I think Skalski, Davis, and Jones will fix ND (as well as eliminating turnovers). This wrinkle could pay off well against Bammy.

2021 white level member

[2]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:08 PM

Davis is a war daddy. A boss. Just amazing how good we are with Davis, Skalski and Bresee on the field. The fact that Simpson is improving each and every week gives me a lot of hope that some of our defensive struggles are over. BV is the best hire Dabo ever made. Period.

2021 white level member

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:12 PM

Truth.

2021 white level member

Yep. Not having Skalski and Davis in the middle is the only

Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:23 PM

reason ND got us to OT. It affected everything, including the DBs. Jones was severely missed, too. It'll be a different story next time.

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:21 PM

Definitely, I've been waiting on Greene to emerge. He looked great. I'd say VT will be more of a Spector game than a Greene game but I'm excited about all of these young guys moving forward. '20 sure looks like the class it was thought to be. The best is yet to come :)

2021 student level member

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:26 PM

I really see Greene as the nickel guy we've been needing to emerge---and he's doing it at exactly the right time of the season. Safeties are playing with much better leverage with Skalski back---in particular Charleston. Simpson is becoming an absolute beast lining up at SAM/DE. Yes, the future is bright.

2021 white level member

Point for the General George S. Patton reference...***

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 4:19 PM

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2020, 5:00 PM

I love that movie. One of my definite go-to's. Oh and Venables is a genius.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3600. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2395 people have read this post