Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BREAKING: GT will be a contender for the division
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

BREAKING: GT will be a contender for the division

Apr 24, 2018, 5:22 PM

according to Walt…

[ spewing his drink while trying to restrain laughter ] BV: "We'll start having meetings on this immediately."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is

Apr 24, 2018, 5:26 PM

There will be limited tape on this

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is

Apr 24, 2018, 5:39 PM

I was trying to describe how I felt when Walt announced the news - I think the way you put it encapsulates it best: I'm just scared.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is

Apr 24, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is ]

Misspelled " limited success "

DB23

Apr 24, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is ]

Funny to consider that among ALL the option wrinkles available to GT, they still won't explore the one that involves replacing their coach with a modern football mind and actually developing some sort of appeal for recruits. But hey, that's why it's called an option, right?

GO TIGERS

winner!***

Apr 25, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to GT is introducing a new offense this year. It’s called the triple double option. Scary part is ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand Walt's yearly infatuation with GT

Apr 24, 2018, 5:50 PM

and Paul Johnson, especially now that there are actually good coaches in that division.

GT is 98th in Bill Connolly's returning production for 2018 and 108th in returning defensive production.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/31/16950222/2018-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

Paul Johnson's offense has mostly been fine at GT, but they've consistently struggled on defense during his tenure, and that's likely to be the case next year. It's also possible to just completely out-talent his offense with elite front 7 guys like we've done in recent years.

Re: BREAKING: GT will be a contender for the division

Apr 24, 2018, 6:19 PM

Walt picked GT to contend for the costal? Are they playing re-runs of his show today from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016? He records every word of every show so no limited tape on that. Dude has talked himself into such a deep corner on GT that he can’t backup

Apr 24, 2018, 6:31 PM

I guess he forgot to mention kansas state. And the success they will have..

Apr 24, 2018, 6:19 PM

I wish someone would ask Walt if he could call Veneables with some pointers for this year. I mean the last 5 years we barely managed to hold them to all of Paul Johnson’s lowest yardage totals... maybe 4 of the 5? Not sure what we should do...

Apr 24, 2018, 6:38 PM

LOL not
Miami or VT will be 1,2 and UNC will have a better year than GT.

I think Bronco Mendenhall will have UVA ahead of GT

Apr 24, 2018, 7:22 PM

pretty soon too. He's a darn good coach.

I mean Paul Johnson is OK, but i think you make an argument that he's the 6th best coach in that division right now. Richt and Fuente are both better IMO. Cutcliffe has done wonders at Duke and really highly regarded by everyone in CFB. Fedora has tailed off a little bit, but he did a really good job turning UNC around and got them to 11-1 and the ACC title game a few years ago. As i mentioned above, i really like Bronco Mendenhall too.

Right now i think i would probably take everyone except Narduzzi over Paul Johnson.

Apr 25, 2018, 8:36 AM

Let's just say that Walt seems to be mistaken and leave it at that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probabaly Voice to Text

Apr 25, 2018, 9:10 AM

Is the issue...he probably meant 'braking'...but, I could be wrong.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget K State will be in contention for the natty,

Apr 25, 2018, 9:25 AM

unless they have injuries of course. Without injuries they would never lose, it would be a really close game with GT though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has chop blocking been legalized?***

Apr 25, 2018, 9:32 AM

4/20 has passed.

Apr 26, 2018, 5:57 AM

That’s absolutely correct! Every team that is in the division will contend for the division championship. That’s exactly how it works.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love triple option football when it is executed

Apr 26, 2018, 7:58 AM

the way it is made up to run. The problem is it takes near perfect ball handling and a fullback that can almost guarantee you three yards when you have to have it on the dive. If the dive isn't working the other options are no longer viable.
These days you need about a 5'9-6'3" fast qb with no fear and willing to take a hit. Those guys are very hard to find. After all he also has to be able to hurl the ball 35 yards downfield on a nice fly pattern to keep the defense honest.
If your team gets called for holding it messes everything up. These days holding is rarely called on pass plays but refs love to call it on rushing plays.
Also just a couple of miscues that result in turnovers can easily cost the game. Plus your team must have an unreal defense.
Old Al Usher at Central Pageland used to run a great wishbone offense but I think it was in either AAA or AA high school leagues. He won several championships that way that ol' Gamecock. But he was a good football coach.
GT might shock the world and they will win their share but I think that antiquated offense has to have a wing - t approach more than a true triple option these days. It just requires excellent defense and special teams.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic