Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

BKB Update: NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops

Apr 24, 2014, 9:17 AM

NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops

Apr 24, 2014, 9:20 AM

Remember what happend last time we got picked to finish last or near it. Can't wait to prove these idiots wrong two years straight!

Paul Schenkel should be fired for saying that.

Apr 24, 2014, 9:21 AM

He is probably the worst human to ever live on the planet, based on this article. The world will only be a tolerable place to live in when he is gone. I thought he was excellent until this morning. Now I hope every bad thing imaginable will happen to him in the near future, and he will rue the day he was ever born.

Let's just say, may he choke on a large plate of "crow" ...

Apr 24, 2014, 9:28 AM

We as Clemson fans are probably best advised to ignore the stuff that is routinely printed about our sports programs if we can.

Obviously we cannot do enough to alter embedded prejudices.

While our hopeless hoops program defies pre-season predictions by winning 23 games, and our underachieving football team beats a national power in a BCS Bowl, sports writers will still focus on the "fact" that Clemson basketball has been and will always be a non-contender in the ACC and insist on resurrecting the now distant memory of our football team giving up 70 points to West Virginia.

We need to remember though, that this writer works for a paper that serves the entirety of Burke County, NC ... so ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha Prod trolling like a champ.***

Apr 24, 2014, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Paul Schenkel should be fired for saying that. ]

"^^^what he said," or "^^^this"***

Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Paul Schenkel should be fired for saying that. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This editor is a moron ... He must never heard of Gabe Devoe

Apr 25, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Paul Schenkel should be fired for saying that. ]

One of our local players played w/Devoe on the NC all star team last month. He said Devoe was the real deal. I believe it. Devoe will help replace some of the points we're losing with KJs departure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 9:22 AM

Thank you sports idiot for the additional motivation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 9:29 AM

Probably do some digging and find he is a Business Grad from Coot U.
His Firewood Aquisitions and Retail business collapsed when his Chainsaw burnt up , so now he is scratching out a living as the sportswriter in some backwoods holler in NC.
Tigers should expect to finish mid pack at worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Gabe going to light it up and make Schenkel look like

Apr 24, 2014, 9:30 AM

an idiot again.

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ive had unc in my one and done list for a while, correctly***

Apr 24, 2014, 9:33 AM

Apr 24, 2014, 9:39 AM

I just love when idiots say things like this about what ever team we bring to the game. Words like those just makes competitive athletes work even harder to prove the doubters WRONG... I'm really hoping that someone will come out of their rat nest bashing Cole, and telling how he will hold the Morris offense back....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 11:01 AM

I might do it just for that reason ;) Ill gladly take the heat from my fellow Clemson fans as long as Cole lights it up!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You kind of get used to it up here...

Apr 24, 2014, 9:45 AM

...but the unceasing predictions of Clemson tumbling to the basement, despite marked improvement both on the court and in recruiting remain both perplexing and annoying.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This reporter is in Burke County. That should tell you

Apr 24, 2014, 9:42 PM

something.

So he's predicting we fire brownlee too?***

Apr 24, 2014, 9:57 AM

good..hope to see more of those.

Apr 24, 2014, 9:58 AM

we may need every motivator we can find to avoid another outbreak of the fire brownell brigade.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Apr 24, 2014, 10:18 AM

IF Schenkel wants to write something interesting he should delve into the "situation" in Chapel Hill more closely. There is a real story to tell there. I am betting he doesn't have the gonads to jump into that bed!

Perhaps they should keep the whistleblower and fire ole

Roy!

Apr 24, 2014, 10:47 AM

I am shocked that a NC columnist would pick Clemson last in hoops! ..... probably a habit developed over many years .... those can be hard to break! :)

I will pick us 7th. We lost KJ but everyone above us lost a talented player as well some of them lost several. I think we should be better than GaT, VaT, BC, Wake, and competitive with most of the other teams. We have a solid core of players returning and I think that a combination of Blossingame and Harrison can pick up a lot of KJs offensive production. We will miss him on D.....

The bottom line is,

Apr 24, 2014, 10:59 AM

those pathetic people who live in North Carolina only have basketball to live on, and maybe baseball. So when they have a chance to stick it to the football powerhouses, they do it. All fall they have to write about how lackluster their attendance is, and how Clemson put up 50 on UNC once again. even when one of those schools makes it to the ACC championship, they get pummeled and embarrassed (Duke-FSU). So I say let them say what they want to say, we dominate them in the one sport that matters around here, and that is football. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 2:49 PM

"Thanks for the bulletin board material!"
- Brad Brownlee

I think Coach Brownlee is gonna "coach em up".......again

Apr 24, 2014, 3:06 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not wrong

Apr 24, 2014, 3:48 PM

I mean maybe not dead last, but with KJ gone, there's no reason to think we will be any good.

What else is new?? Besides, we have a great coach and if we

Apr 24, 2014, 3:50 PM

finish 6th or better, does Brownell win COY?? Probably not. It'll go to Williams, coach K (no I can't spell it) or they'll give it two know won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruits will help

Apr 24, 2014, 4:20 PM

Tarhole scribe will be surprised to see Grantham play. I saw this kid play against NCAA Divsion I talent at Martinsburg WV and he can PLAY. Last? I don't think so.

I suspect we will be worse next year, but not dead last.***

Apr 24, 2014, 6:49 PM

Apr 24, 2014, 11:59 PM

Clemson will have its say. Small town hack writers or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Good

Apr 25, 2014, 9:06 AM

Nowhere to go but up.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic