Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Blossomgame impressive at NBA Combine on Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Blossomgame impressive at NBA Combine on Friday

May 15, 2016, 9:23 AM

Blossomgame impressive at NBA Combine on Friday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopes he gets a good/great contract and does well in NBA...

May 15, 2016, 9:53 AM

Would love to have him back, but getting drafted in 1st or early 2nd is worth the leap now. All the best Jaron!

He gone...

May 15, 2016, 10:33 AM

I agree. Go get the money...

Will he leave without 1st round assurances?

May 15, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Hopes he gets a good/great contract and does well in NBA... ]

Not sure he's going to take that chance given the lack of success of last year's second round picks. Something like only 11 of the 30 picks were on NBA rosters by mid season.

Boston seems to be a wild card with their plethora of picks, but with 4 in the first round and 4 in the second round, do you want to be one of 8 guys fighting for limited roster spots.

The question is, assuming he's border line 1st/2nd round, after all of his injuries and the time he has spent in college, is he just ready to move on to a new chapter in his life?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will he leave without 1st round assurances?

May 15, 2016, 12:24 PM

He's simply dead set on going, and it's been that the whole time. You don't say that you'll go with a 40th pick projection unless you're committed to leaving school.

He needs to just go ahead and announce that he's staying in the draft, because every day at this point is significant with trying to pickup a grad transfer. Dragging it out until May 25th when you already know you're going anyway is selfish.

Hope Coach Brownell isn't conveying the same attitude

May 15, 2016, 12:31 PM

as you are, though it seems he is. He has until May 25th to decide. Nothing wrong with taking the time to make such an improtant deciision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had three scholarships going into this recruiting

May 15, 2016, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Will he leave without 1st round assurances? ]

season, regardless of what Jaron was going to do. We've only used one of them. That's not Jaron's fault.

When you don't recruit high school players well and you place too much emphasis on transfers and don't use your scholarships efficiently, you put yourself in these kinds of situations.

It's time to stop blaming the basketball Gods for our struggles and start recruiting good high school basketball players.

Re: We had three scholarships going into this recruiting

May 15, 2016, 12:54 PM

No it's not, but I'm talking about the specific position were in.

JB displayed a selfish attitude all season long, with plenty of stuff that would rub anyone paying attention the wrong way. If he knows he's going to go, hire an agent, go and do your best. I think his decision is already made, so maybe do the school and coach who gave you a chance a bit of a favor.

Did not realize the contempt you felt for our best player.

May 15, 2016, 1:10 PM

I never saw Jaron showing selfishness during the season. This is the first I have heard of that. I don't think his decision has been made on leaving for the NBA, but he certainly deserves the opportunity to explore his options. Shouldn't we all wish him the best and support him so that he will feel comfortable coming back and other potential recruits won't be turned off by the attitude?

Is this one of those things that only certain people can see? Like those who suggested his 3 pt shot wasn't NBA worthy even though he shot a very high percentage? Where are you getting this "Jaron is selfish" attitude from?

Certainly our coaching staff disagrees with you.

Re: Did not realize the contempt you felt for our best player.

May 15, 2016, 2:24 PM

I said I hope he does his best. He's not coming back.

Selfishness to me is yelling at teammates for shooting and not passing the ball. Selfishness to me is rolling your eyes and letting your head fall back when Jordan Roper pulls up for a jumper, even when he hit the shot (Miami game, I believe).

Selfishness to me is basically leaving the huddle early and not paying any attention with 13 seconds left against Duke. And then when your head coach tries to get your attention, you slap his hand away and say "Don't touch me." And then it looks even worse when he came out of the huddle and had no idea where he was going, and gave up a good look that would've tied it.

But since I'm sure you put no stock in my words, here's the video. https://youtu.be/yH3ALO6iQa8

Fast forward to 1 hour, 12 mins, and 25 seconds.

Also, at 1:13:50 you can clearly hear CBB say "JB" trying to get his attention, and Jaron is yelling at him and even pointing his finger that way.

I didn't mind his fire sometimes because it felt like it was about wanting the team to win, but there were far too many times when he was yelling at teammates when he just didn't get the ball. Even when we scored. And that's selfish.

I went to every home game and 2 road games and got this vibe often. And obviously a coaching staff isn't going to just say a player is selfish.

I didn't see what you saw. Nothing in that video sounds

May 15, 2016, 2:42 PM

like what you are describing. We beat Duke in that game, for goodness sake and you're trying to use it as an example of Jaron being selfish.

I remember him getting on Avery for shooting too much and not within the flow of the offense. Avery had a tendency to do that. I agreed with him 100%. I believe that was one of our second half meltdown losses after a sizable lead evaporated.

Seems like a team leader leading his team.

Re: I didn't see what you saw. Nothing in that video sounds

May 15, 2016, 2:51 PM

Lol how can you say you didn't see it? I even gave you the exact time when it was.

He barked at Avry for everything, but usually when he didn't get to touch the ball. Call it what you will.

Wish him the best in the NBA and I hope his gamble pays off.

May 15, 2016, 2:53 PM

You are a joke of a "fan"

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

You guys used to be in lock step!

May 15, 2016, 3:04 PM

What happened?

May 15, 2016, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't see what you saw. Nothing in that video sounds ]

Have you even read the thread? This conversation has had nothing to do with his decision, except me saying I wish him the best in the NBA.

Where did he say he "would go with a 40th pick projection"

May 15, 2016, 3:32 PM

and therefore was committed to the NBA draft? I haven't seen that anywhere.

I have my computer connected to a fairly nice receiver and speakers and I turned it up loud, but I couldn't see who grabbed him or hear what was said. Also, I saw Roper lined up out of position on the inbounds play.

Blossomgame wasn't the only one with problems with Avery's shot selection/decision making from time to time. I saw Roper get on him as well. I remember agreeing with them at the time.

I think this is just Blossomgame getting disrespected, like Rod Hall last year. Hopefully, the coaches aren't doing it too.

May 15, 2016, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Will he leave without 1st round assurances? ]

Oh #### off only one being selfish here is YOU it is the biggest decision of his life.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 15, 2016, 3:00 PM

> Oh #### off only one being selfish here is YOU it is
> the biggest decision of his life.

Yep, and he's already made it.

May 15, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Will he leave without 1st round assurances? ]

By the way, I think there's absolutely 0 chance he goes in the first round. If he stays in, I could see him going around the 45 range.

I wouldn't want my favorite team taking him, strictly from a basketball standpoint.

This doesn't sound as encouraging for Jaron:

May 15, 2016, 10:44 AM

NBA.com released its top 30 prospects after the combine, and Jaron is not on it.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/05/14/top-30-draft-board-version-3-for-2016/index.html?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf26288687

Regardless of who you talk to, he is NOT a guaranteed first round pick. I guess it comes down to how much of a gamble JB wants to take. I personally feel that he would greatly benefit from another year in college, but he obviously has to do what he feels is best for himself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame impressive at NBA Combine on Friday

May 15, 2016, 1:39 PM

I think if he comes out, his situation will be very very similar to McDaniels.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic