Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to..

Nov 13, 2020, 7:28 AM

wearing a big diaper, just in case.

So be it, what size do you wear!

Note: I’ve always worn a mask when out in public or shopping in a store, unless I’m dining outside next to coastal waters and spaced from nearby tables.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speedo***

Nov 13, 2020, 7:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speedo***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:31 AM

Depends. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Give Biden a chance, man knows what he's doing...

Nov 13, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Speedo*** ]

Implementation of policy that will launch the US population back to the Dark Ages, thus provoking mass suicide & murder, eliminating Covid 19 & as a bonus, the US will have descended to 3rd World Country status : Operation Thinning of Herd; Biden>charter member of NAMBLA
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give Biden a chance, man knows what he's doing...

Nov 13, 2020, 2:20 PM

The Global Elite know what’s Best. And what should be done about the rest of us parasites overpopulating the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Is that you Greta?***

Nov 13, 2020, 7:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give Biden a chance, man knows what he's doing...

Nov 13, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Give Biden a chance, man knows what he's doing... ]

LOL!

Re: Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to..

Nov 13, 2020, 7:39 AM

The latest from the scientists say that you need to be exposed to the virus an accumulative of 15 minutes over a 24 hour period in order to get the virus. A simple one time passing of someone on the aisle of a grocery store will not do it. Keeping your distance is more effective than masks but masks are important to wear in the public. Combine the two and the virus will be contained. To wear a mask should never have been a political choice but it is an intelligent choice.

Re: Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to..

Nov 13, 2020, 8:06 AM

Go read Dr. Fauci,’s own report about the Spanish Flu he do wrote in 2008 . Said most people did not die from the flu itself but bacterial pneumonia cause by people wearing what.....? Face coverings. This guy changes his colors more than a chameleon on a tie dye shirt!

Then why did he say just this week that wearing a mask......

Nov 13, 2020, 9:11 AM

protects others you're around as well as yourself?????? And other top doctors/scientists are saying the same thing. I heard a scientist says the other day that you can't draw a direct comparison between COVID-19 and the Spanish flu of 1918.

There are too many people on TigerNet and other websites who think they know more than the experts. That's ridiculous. Studies show that gatherings of people without masks and who aren't social distancing are where the virus spreads.

Quit fighting it - it's not that hard to wear a mask because it can only help.

Re: Then why did he say just this week that wearing a mask......

Nov 13, 2020, 10:27 AM

The "experts" don't know if it protects you or anyone else. It's politics! They have to offer some solution in order to justify their position and pacify the people. And yes, I do wear a mask in public around others. I still doubt the benefits of doing so. JMO

Nov 13, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Then why did he say just this week that wearing a mask...... ]

It is possible that masks can help protect you from COVID while also increasing your risk of other illnesses at the same time.

Doctor's saying that wearing a mask protects you and others from the virus is not them saying that it is a benefit in all areas of health.

Also a mask is similar to a football helmet in that if you don't have the proper one for you personally, if you don't wear it correctly, or if it is not cared for and maintained then it is completely useless and possibly more harmful than not having one at all.

I wear a mask anywhere I am asked to do so.

It's not a big problem in my daily life, though the first breath after removing my mask always reminds me how much nicer it is to not have a mask on my face.

Nov 13, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Then why did he say just this week that wearing a mask...... ]

I saw a #Science!!!tist drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic’s.
His hair was perfect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A 12 year old article about a pandemic 100 years ago

Nov 13, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to.. ]

Does not undercut his current stance.

Completely different time periods and scenarios

Re: A 12 year old article about a pandemic 100 years ago

Nov 13, 2020, 10:10 AM

Less than one year ago Fauci said not to wear a mask.

Of course he has a right to amend his opinion, but we should not be expected to believe his current expert opinion is more valid than his previous one.

Nov 13, 2020, 10:17 AM

Scientists have learned a lot more about the virus since it first began to spread. If there is a chance of it saving the lives of others as well as my own, I'm going to wear a mask.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 13, 2020, 11:39 AM

There you go again talking about “scientists” and their “science”. DJT knows as much if not more than the scientists. So I will do what DJT tells me as he has never steered me wrong. #maganowandalways

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-51761880

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to.. ]

You do realize that the mask available today are much more advanced, as well ### hygiene in general, than the dirty rags people were probably wearing in 1918. Most clothing in 1918 was probably not washed on a regular basis, much less the rags they were using for mask.

Micron Rating required for a mask to prevent spread...

Nov 13, 2020, 4:22 PM

is not found in 90%+ of masks used by the public. They do serve well as a virtue signaling avenue for media(LiveReporting) & the "celeb heroes" filming PSA's.

if they sneeze on an apple and you pick it up and put

Nov 13, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Avoiding this Virus is a crapp shoot in a way, but wearing a mask amounts to.. ]

it in your cart and then pick your nose you will get enough viral load. Most people don't know where they got it meaning it wasn't from someone that they were in close contact with for 15 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 7:47 AM

I prefer a paper bag with just the eye's showing.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:23 AM

Haven't worn a mask publicly in weeks and won't. You should see the stares from guys in socks/sandals. I think it ruins their entire day.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Nov 13, 2020, 11:16 AM

I'm the opposite. I like wearing mine alone in the car just because I now it's ticking non mask wearers off.

nevermind, it doesn't matter

Nov 13, 2020, 8:30 AM

null

Message was edited by: dark side of the moo®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

^ You’re right dark side of the moo!

Nov 13, 2020, 8:34 AM

My apologies!

Signed: Nitwit

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, I was wrong... in a foul mood and overreacted to a covid

Nov 13, 2020, 8:59 AM

post that I knew would turn political. I got no beef with you.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:34 AM

The mask mandate has been lifted in Lexington, SC, so the only place I wear a mask is where the store requires it. Even then, sometimes I just leave in protest.
Watch the link below to actually learn something about this virus.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=todd+herman&t=h_&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQpAjr9lCds0

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I thought the prevailing notion by many on this board

Nov 13, 2020, 9:46 AM

Was that the virus would magically go away after Election Day.

Re: I thought the prevailing notion by many on this board

Nov 13, 2020, 10:02 AM

Remember... Trump is still President. Give it a couple of months.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: I thought the prevailing notion by many on this board

Nov 13, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I thought the prevailing notion by many on this board ]

Election is not (officially) over, so commie flu still has not totally served its’ purpose.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel the same way about masks as I do about politics......

Nov 13, 2020, 9:51 AM

Wear one if you want to, don't wear one if you don't want to. Either way #### and leave people alone with their choice!

Re: I feel the same way about masks as I do about politics......

Nov 13, 2020, 10:12 AM

Is it your choice to smoke in a public building? No. It is not a choice to wear a mask if it is required to be worn. Just because you live in the US does not mean you have a right to do whatever.

I'm not talking about if its a law..................

Nov 13, 2020, 2:13 PM

I'm talking about the people that go around heckling people that wear masks. If you don't want to wear one, don't wear it. But let other people make the choice to wear one if they want.

you need to do as you are told Comrade

Nov 13, 2020, 4:07 PM

wear a mask, it is the law in some places and will be nationwide soon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true. America used to be the most free country now we

Nov 13, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I feel the same way about masks as I do about politics...... ]

are 58th

https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-most-freedom-in-the-world-2018-4#its-worth-noting-that-the-us-was-ranked-58th-28

Do you cover your mouth when you cough?

Nov 13, 2020, 9:52 AM

If so, why?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD. Another quick one-liner that leaves folks speechless

Nov 13, 2020, 11:01 AM

Like when I'm told I need to "educate myself" I quickly reply "what's the 3 best books you read this year?" That blank look on their face says everything...

Re: POTD. Another quick one-liner that leaves folks speechless

Nov 13, 2020, 3:41 PM

Michener’s Hawaii is possibly my number 1 (catching up on some classics I missed due to the reqt for ‘professional reading’ while in service. The wife HATES Michener, but the history is awesome!). Number 2 has to be ‘One Second After’ (I also read ‘One Year After’ - the second book - and ‘The Final Day’ - third book). But the first one is great. Tells the story of a HEMP over the eastern US and what happens when all ‘technology’ is zapped. Great study/read. Number 3 would be ‘No Great Mischief if They Fail’. About Scottish Highlanders who came to America after Britain subdued them in the 1700’s. They settled a lot of W NC. Interesting (and historic). Read books 2 & 3 - through the Revolutionary War. Interesting, but it seems sequels aren’t as good as initial books. Currently on Michener’s ‘Alaska’, along with ‘Datk Sun’ - about the development of atomic weapons during WWII - the latter REALLY HARD to get into. Have also started on Ferrel Sams three books - he’s sort of a Lewis Grizzard - and also born/raised outside Atlanta.

Can’t believe people don’t remember what they’re reading; their favorites; or that they’re not reading!

Yes, I would ignore them, too. Good ‘filter’!

Nov 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

Not parking in a handicapped spot, holding the door for others, saying please and thank you, using sir and ma'am as a sign of respect, giving up you seat to someone who needs it more, covering your mouth when you sneeze or yawn, giving to alleviate the pain of others. All of these behaviors are little things that improve the quality of life for those around us. We do them voluntarily. Why wouldn't I also wear a mask for others? To refuse so to do is to be selfish and petty. It's not even a choice for me. But by all means, if you must share your exhale with the world, get 'er done.

Not the morally obligatory equivalent****

Nov 13, 2020, 5:49 PM

Nov 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

Not parking in a handicapped spot, holding the door for others, saying please and thank you, using sir and ma'am as a sign of respect, giving up you seat to someone who needs it more, covering your mouth when you sneeze or yawn, giving to alleviate the pain of others. All of these behaviors are little things that improve the quality of life for those around us. We do them voluntarily. Why wouldn't I also wear a mask for others? To refuse so to do is to be selfish and petty. It's not even a choice for me. But by all means, if you must share your exhale with the world, get 'er done.

Nov 13, 2020, 10:20 AM

I agree its a sign of respect for others and courtesy and yes masks help. But when you have a bunch of selfish people, then of course they won't wear it. I don't love masks but i wear them for others. Its the right thing to do.

LBB what kind of crap do you eat? If a mask equates

Nov 13, 2020, 12:02 PM

Wearing a diaper you might want to consider brushing your teeth an extra point or 2 in the day.

Wearing a N95 mask all day doesn’t bother me too much but I admit it takes getting used to.

I'm a dandy diaper wearer and still got Covid

Nov 13, 2020, 2:07 PM

I'm a cancer survivor, supposed to die in 2012, had multiple tumors in lungs and kidney from metastatic melanoma. So hundreds of doses of 5 different chemo's, immunotherapy, and radiation, I felt I needed to be super safe. I'm a bachelor so nobody brought into my house, don't go to bars, and I still contracted Covid somehow, I guess grocery store.

That said, why should I have to wear a mask now. I'm not going to be a carrier and studies show that I am not likely to contract the virus again. At this point it's only to make ppl feel comfortable when I'm very uncomfortable wearing a mask. My body don't regulate temperature since all my battles and my face is a waterfall under the mask.

So I have a medical condition that drives me crazy to wear mask, I already had the virus, I'm not going to be a carrier nor can I get it again 99% unlikely but yet I am a horrible person if I don't wear a mask. People will judge without knowing the facts. Sounds like a common problem in society today.

Re: I'm a dandy diaper wearer and still got Covid

Nov 13, 2020, 2:27 PM

You can be reinfected.

Nov 13, 2020, 4:01 PM

Yeah, even the CDC even says they have had a couple reinfections but it's unlikely. And those that have been reinfected typically the symptoms are much less. Even the new vaccine only has a 90% protection rate. Is everyone going to have to wear a mask even though we had the vaccine.

Point being, when do we finally say wearing a mask is a choice. Are you gonna have to wear a stamp on forehead so you are not admonished and can sit down to eat in restaurants?

Obviously mask didn't protect me, might have protected a couple people from being infected but myself getting it, recovering, now I'm by far in better place than hoping a mask helps. Being able to walk the streets without mask is important to me as it is horribly uncomfortable for me due to chemo side effects.

Nov 13, 2020, 4:17 PM

I don't think you are required to wear masks walking the streets. It's generally indoors or among crowds. I just wear one so I don't kill someone such as yourself. I have had Covid though and I still have some lung issues though. ANyway, here is some interesting info.

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/what-to-know/diagnosis-symptoms/immunity#:~:text=there%20is%20currently%20no%20evidence,vulnerable%20to%20reinfection%20later

Please be careful

Nov 13, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I'm a dandy diaper wearer and still got Covid ]

Please be careful. I have a friend at work who has had it twice. Once in March/April and again now. Take care of yourself

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI... A church in our area had a homecoming

Nov 13, 2020, 4:48 PM

super spreader event. Over 200 people have it now. 1 person has died.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic