Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Austin Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Austin Bryant?

Dec 11, 2018, 9:18 PM

Does anyone have specific intel on why AB is never mentioned as a high(er) draft pick? Speed? Size? Etc...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Austin Bryant?

Dec 11, 2018, 9:21 PM

I have hear that they don’t think he can hold up against the run in the NFL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 9:33 PM

Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 9:37 PM

I don’t think he has the measurables that NFL teams look for in the top of the draft (AKA Clelin’s wingspan). He will jump up if he has a good combine and shows off that athleticism

Dec 11, 2018, 9:38 PM

his neck is too short, 4th round.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 10:21 PM

His production is down thanks to 2 holding call all year.

Dec 11, 2018, 10:28 PM

Some things just don’t make sense. I mean look at Kevin Dodd. Dude had what, 6, 7 sacks in the post-season games for us alone in 2015 and now he’s on Eric MacLain’s podcast telling campfire stories. I think it’s ridiculous how much power is given to these nfl scouts anyway... they can overhype a bust or ruin a potential star’s career with a single publication or opinion. I hope this developmental league they’re working on amounts to more than whatever Tajh Boyd had to work with, that’s all I know. There are so many young guys at home (Guillermo, MacLain, Dodd, Boulware, etc.) that COULD find playing time given the chance and in the right system.

Dec 12, 2018, 4:14 AM

Dodd was a second round pick by the Tennessee Titans but for whatever reason things didn't work out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me thinks AB will be on

Dec 11, 2018, 11:14 PM

a Mission to slay the naysayers.

Watch out Domers!!!! You ain't seen nuttin' yet.

Time for the nutcuttin'!!!!

IMHO AB7 brings it vs Notre Dame and in NFL

Dec 11, 2018, 11:41 PM

And do not be surprised to see A. Bryant outperform at combine. The man has serious skills, he's a team player, and a baller who is under rated based upon the incredible talent surrounding him.

Reminds me of Jeff Bryant in 1982 when others including the Great Fridge received max publicity and Bryant was quietly drafted round 1 selection 6 by the Seahawks, right after Jim McMahon to Da Bears, enroute to a successful 12-season career all with Hawks.

AB7 will flash in post-season and NFL. He may be Ringo on this D-Line Fab 4 but he's just getting started and Ringo could bring it - and You Know It Don't Come Easy! Go AB7! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AB was quoted "I'll get by...

Dec 12, 2018, 4:42 AM

With a Little Help From My Friends!"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:59 AM

With the quick passes that ND likes to throw, Bryant will get his chance to drop back in coverage and then everyone will see what he can bring. He has covered well at times and I believe he'll have a good game against ND, both pass/run defense and coverage. With NFL offenses moving to RPO and quick passes, dropping a DE in coverage is going to be more important, so if A.B. proves himself in coverage, his stock will rise and he will be a valuable addition to some NFL team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 9:01 AM

The NFL talent evaluation teams are not stupid.

Some franchise is going to get a really good player in Bryant.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic