Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS

Jul 14, 2020, 4:56 AM

You folks are looking more and more like some real geniuses. Nice job making this so much worse.

But let me guess... its someone elses fault. Wear the mask, grow up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS

Jul 14, 2020, 6:23 AM

Jawohl, mein führer

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just in case no one has told you today,

Jul 14, 2020, 6:31 AM

you are a condescending jerk, and your pontificating diatribes are tiresome.

Have you sought a job at MSNBC? If not, please do so. They need more blowhards for us to ignore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Just in case no one has told you today,

Jul 14, 2020, 7:54 AM

I think you are the jerk. Let me guess, you hate masks and all the people dying are a low number....

No, I wear a mask when appropriate.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:17 AM

I do not hate old people. I am an old person and hang around with older people. And, I don't hate you.

However, I, like many on this site, pay to read worthwhile content and have interaction with other Clemson fans. We DON'T pay to be lectured by a non-paying Pharisee who thinks they know all the rules and is puffed up with self-righteousness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thank you CUTiger1989

Jul 14, 2020, 8:32 AM

Well said. It’s not so much the what (though as a daily occurrence it has gotten monotonous) but the how. Not going to sway many opinions with the “If you don’t do as I say, you must hate ____” routine. That, and the generalizations.

Re: No, I wear a mask when appropriate.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to No, I wear a mask when appropriate. ]

User Logo
CUTiger1989®
Ring of Honor [30261]
TigerPulse: 100%
No, I wear a mask when appropriate.
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 8:17 AM

I do not hate old people. I am an old person and hang around with older people. And, I don't hate you.

However, I, like many on this site, pay to read worthwhile content and have interaction with other Clemson fans. We DON'T pay to be lectured by a non-paying Pharisee who thinks they know all the rules and is puffed up with self-righteousness.

I AM 65 AND I DO NOT WEAR ONE EITHER. THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS. NO USE GOING INTO ALL OF THEM. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE BUT I AM TRYING TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I HAVE DURING EVERY OTHER PANDEMIC THAT HAS COME OUR WAY WHERE NOTHING WAS SHUT DOWN, OUR ECONOMY WAS NOT RUN INTO THE GROUND, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LOST THEIR JOBS AND NO ONE WORE MASKS. WE ALL WENT TO CLEMSON, WE ALL TAILGATED WE ALL CHEERED FOR OUR TIGERS. WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY. IF YOU DO NOT THINK THE DATE NOVEMBER THE 3RD IS DRIVING THIS WHOLE THING THEN MAYBE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick question, deroberts

Jul 14, 2020, 8:45 AM

are you going to hold your governor accountable for running the local economy into the ground and the loss of many many jobs by not reelecting him?

I mean, who exactly are you blaming? Local leadership has made these decisions. For some reason I'm thinking you will blame someone without decision making power.

Re: Quick question, deroberts

Jul 14, 2020, 8:55 AM

I AM CERTAINLY NOT A BIG FAN OF FOGHORN RIGHT NOW BUT I WOULD TAKE HIM OVER COOPER OR ANY DEM GOVERNOR IN THE COUNTRY. HAVE YOU NOT SEEN WHAT IS GOING ON IN THESE DEM LEAD STATES. DOES ANYONE THINK NOT SERVING ALCOHOL AFTER 11 IS GOING TO SAVE ONE LIFE. THE ONLY WAY TO TURN THIS THING AROUND IS TO GIVE US OUR LIVES BACK. KIDS NEED TO BE BACK IN SCHOOL, INTERACTING, COMPETING, PLAYING IN THE DIRT, FIGHTING. WE ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A WHOLE GENERATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE. I FOR THE LIFE OF ME CAN NOT SEE HOW PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS. KIDS ARE WAY TOUGHER THAN WE ARE.

Well, I think the issue with kids in school may be related

Jul 14, 2020, 9:03 AM

to whom they can spread the virus to. School personnel, families, etc. that have higher risk folks is the issue.

Lose a generation of kids? I mean, they've now missed a total of what 10-12 weeks of in-person school. Even if they miss the entire year 20-21, that would be bad but a "lost generation" is a fairly extreme label.

Re: Well, I think the issue with kids in school may be related

Jul 14, 2020, 9:47 AM

User Logo
Tharealdonjuan
Legend [15589]
Well, I think the issue with kids in school may be related
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 9:03 AM

to whom they can spread the virus to. School personnel, families, etc. that have higher risk folks is the issue.

Lose a generation of kids? I mean, they've now missed a total of what 10-12 weeks of in-person school. Even if they miss the entire year 20-21, that would be bad but a "lost generation" is a fairly extreme label.

wow, just wow. let me guess, you do not have any kids. or i can just hope you do not.

I do, unlike you.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:58 AM

I'm assuming your kids are grown and you have grandkids that are just starting school, or at least are early elementary age.

Yes, I have 3 that are in middle or high school. One of them is actually in bed RIGHT NOW on day 5 of not being well and is covid positive. Kid that transferred it to my kid also gave it to one of their grandparents along with 8+ other kids. That grandparent is on a ventilator in ICU. Today. Right now. In my community.

My kids can in fact skip a full year of in person school if need be and will turn out just fine. I understand the value of in person eduction, but not at the expense of potentially killing their grandparents.

I just hope your family cares for you the way we care for ours.

Jul 14, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Well, I think the issue with kids in school may be related ]

Ask any child health professional how profound the ramifications of what we’ve already done are. In SC alone the school system has completely lost touch with 16,000+ secondary students. Abuse reporting has dropped dramatically because teachers aren’t seeing kids anymore and pediatricians have had a dramatic decline in patient visits. That’s happening while known triggers of abuse are rampant. Our most vulnerable population has been abandoned by teachers who apparently now view their jobs as less essential than that of a cashier at Publix.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jul 14, 2020, 5:44 PM

I was all in with this until the "abandoned by teachers" politicized part. I'm sure child and spousal abuse both are seeing terrible highs these past months. It's a horrible thought, but unfortunately very real.

Sure the NEA has a position on re-opening, but it's legitimate. A grocery store is not nearly the long-term exposure incubating environment that classrooms and hallways present. Plus, the Secretary of Education DeVos won't even commit herself to endorsing and encouraging the implementation of the CDC's guidelines for school re-openings - just that "they're there" and "do what you think is right".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 6:50 PM

In my district over 70% of staff have indicated they are not “comfortable” returning to school in surveys. This is a higher percentage than students or parents asked the same question. That is abandoning their responsibilities to me. There is no science to back up your assertion that a supermarket is safer than a classroom and a considerable amount that says otherwise. The AAP and the SC AAP both say kids should be back in school and so does the WHO, which asserts that children are not significant vectors of transmission to adults and has found no outbreaks tied to reopenings of schools or daycares globally.

The WHO also currently says 80 million children are at risk of polio, measles or diptheria because vaccine schedules aren’t being followed. This risk is being assumed while avoiding a disease that is significantly less serious to that age group than the flu. So, back to the idea I originally responded to, I think we are very much risking a lost generation.

Betsy DeVos is a convenient boogey man but the federal Department of Education isn’t really meant to be directing individual school districts. Legally, this is supposed to be handled at the state and district level. All the federal government can do is dangle carrots.

“ I'm sure child and spousal abuse both are seeing terrible highs these past months. It's a horrible thought, but unfortunately very real. ” - at what point do we actually attempt to measure those costs? We know what the upper boundary on COVID is now. 5 months In and I have seen no significant effort to have a real public discourse on the other costs. Any discussion of “economy” is treated as off-limits because that would be putting money ahead of lives. But any credible economist can tell you that for every percent in GDP retraction there is a real cost in lives and suffering.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jul 15, 2020, 12:31 PM

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

On the grocery store vs school / classroom setting, I'm just applying common sense reasoning based around construction types here. A big box store and most grocery stores (every Publix I've been in) have a large, open layout with very high, open ceilings. Compare this with a typical school classroom that is a much, much smaller enclosed space, much closer to a nursing home in terms of air space and density, including hallways. When is the last time you smelled something funky or rancid in a grocery store? By their design and control of air flow this doesn't happen. 20 kids and a teacher parked for an hour or more together in a much smaller space, and then simply swapping out the audience several times from there - it's a vastly different environment IMO. Knowing the virility of Covid as we do, you could realistically expect every single person in that environment to become infected in a matter of weeks were it a daily occurrence.

On DeVos, my criticism lies with not publicly backing CDC re-opening guidelines. Yes, ultimately every decision will ultimately be very localized, but there is a clearly stated set of guidelines produced to best ensure safety. It would be expected that the Federal head of Education would promote those and ask local school districts to adhere - a unified message that more people can trust. Unfortunately, many schools simply can't afford or physically cannot adapt to these, ergo in making a public stand here you are setting up a conflict with what can realistically be achieved and what would ultimately transpire there, and the message of your boss, and we all know how that goes in this Admin.

On the spousal and child abuse side, it's disappointing that there hasn't been strong messaging from our leadership early on about this - it's not like one couldn't see this coming. Those with the biggest mics and ratings have offered little to shame or threaten perpetrators here (left and right - they're all culpable), at least what I've been exposed to. Maybe I missed it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So well said!

Jul 7, 2015, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Just in case no one has told you today, ]

Comforting to find another non-sheep person.

YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS

Jul 14, 2020, 6:34 AM

You spread this like wild fire. Great job liberals

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS

Jul 14, 2020, 6:40 AM

They were outdoors and wearing masks generally. The new outbreaks generally weren't where the protests were anyway.
Trumptards refused to wear masks. That's why South Carolina is hot bed as is Florida. Those weren't states with major protests, but they were states where wearing masks was rejected.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:59 AM

Yeah cuz all those trump supporters in south Miami right ??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 7:21 AM

South Miami didnt have big protests. Good effort though. I live in South Florida.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS ]

S.C. had it's fair share of rioting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 7:25 AM

It was minor in the big picture compared to people not wearing masks.

Wait, you live in S. Florida but you somehow know about all

Jul 14, 2020, 8:54 AM

the protests and riots in SC? I think you know about as much about the SC riots and protests as the other poster knows about the S. Miami protests (that you called out).

That's rich. You seem like a smart person and you know a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget Carlsbad is also from the left coast and has

Jul 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

a real love of that literal shitbox that is San Francisco.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Science

Jul 14, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Wait, you live in S. Florida but you somehow know about all ]

Wearing a cloth mask to restrict Coronavirus transmission is like putting up a chain link fence to keep the mosquitoes out..

Except for the unanimous science that says it helps...

Jul 14, 2020, 11:44 AM

But science is not exactly Conservatives strong suit.

So what I think you are saying is that

Jul 14, 2020, 12:38 PM

1. All people who do not want to wear masks (excluding those who should not due to health conditions or small children) are conservatives; and

2. Liberals always believe in science.

Is that accurate?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No, I did not speak in absolutes

Jul 14, 2020, 1:34 PM

But in general, liberals tend to listen to scientists and experts and Conservatives listen to the president.

I disagree. I would say in general liberals listen to

Jul 14, 2020, 1:54 PM

the science and experts that fit their arguments while ignoring science and experts that do not. Conservatives do the same thing.

That's rich

Jul 21, 2020, 3:25 PM

I'm sorry that our arguments of "We would like to not be #1 in the world in Coronavirus deaths" align with the science so we'll.

LOL!!***

Jul 15, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to No, I did not speak in absolutes ]

Jul 14, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS ]

Makes me think of a Middle School kid when a person makes up names of people like Trumptards. Quit embarrassing yourself and have fun voting for a man that can’t remember what he had for breakfast by noon.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:24 AM

You are Trumptard and you refuse to wear masks. Isn't that ironic?

Jul 14, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS ]

So California is shutting down again due to more outbreaks? Guess liberal run states don't know how to manage a pandemic either. But if you only watch CNN or MSNBC, there's no mention of Cali. Only Florida and Texas. Hmmm? Wake up and realize this virus isn't going away. You can lock down as much as you want, but as soon as you re-open .... it spreads again. Stop blaming either party. Get on with life, and just try to be as safe as you can. Hiding from this virus is like trying to hide from sunshine.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:25 AM

People didn't social distance and didn't wear masks properly. There were crowds of 2,500 Trump supporters in Huntington Beach complaining about masks and shutdowns. They wouldnt wear masks. That said, liberals were the prob too packing the beaches. Similar to Myrtle actually.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS ]

Right now the percentage of people in the hospital in SC because of Covid or suspected of COVID is 0.003% of our states population according to SCDHEC

um...beaches might be a reason SC's numbers increase genius.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: YES, THANKS LIBERAL PROTESTORS AND RIOTERS ]

take a gander at that map every once in a while. Tourism in Miami Beach..you might could put 2 and 2 together on that one too... Most tourist destination i'd be pretty confident to bet are going to have high number of new cases, just a hunch.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:37 AM

I don’t have covid, why should I wear a mask?

Jul 14, 2020, 7:06 AM

How do you know you don't have it? My daughter's boyfriend did not think he had it either. He works at a restaurant and the restaurant made everyone get tested. He tested positive even though he has no symptoms. At that same restaurant one of the server's mother died from COVID. I'm not sure why people are not up to speed on the mask thing yet. Educate yourself.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

At the same time Educate yourself on the thousands of false positive test results given out everyday. Not saying he doesn’t have it but many are told they do and they don’t. Yes I know this for a fact and seen it first hand.

If going this route, try to find balance even though it may

Jul 14, 2020, 8:32 AM

not fit your agenda.

There are also false negatives. So much so that those at rapid testing centers are told that if testing negative it should still be treated as positive. I've heard this from nurses, doctors, and those that sell the rapid tests among other medical supplies for a living.

I can also assure you there are MANY who KNOW they have it but aren't tested at all.

It works like this: Someone in household has symptoms and tests positive. Entire household is put under quarantine. Others develop symptoms but don't get tested because there is no value in knowing the result...they are quarantined regardless.

Has happened in my house and several others I am aware of first hand, including multiple neighbors.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS ]

WHO’s Van Kerkhove .” There are some infected people who are “truly asymptomatic,” she said, but countries that are doing detailed contact tracing are “not finding secondary transmission onward” from those cases. “It’s very rare,” she said.

Edumicate yourself

Jul 14, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS ]

Do you get tested daily?

Jul 14, 2020, 7:37 AM

Hourly

Jul 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

So you have no idea if you have it. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. 40% of people that have it are asymptomatic.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS ]

thought you already had it. why do you wear a mask. oh wait i know, it makes you feel good and are doing your part.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

Because there is no definite proof that I can't still be carrier or get it again. Pretty simple.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:55 AM

This again!?!?!
Get over it dude. You don’t get tired of whining about the same thing every day?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea. These People are SPECIAL. They Don't Need to Play by

Jul 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

the Rules.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Attention all ANTIMASKERS and SOCIAL NON DISTANCERS ]

Yeah and im pretty tired of you too. People that are clueless and don't care who they hurt.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:19 AM

Let me guess... Must be a new day because here is another mask post.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 14, 2020, 8:23 AM

If you quit going places and stay at home you wouldn’t notice people without mask. #Stay at home! #Alone!

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

No thanks. I am not staying at home. I will go about and do what I want, albeit with a mask when necessary, but no I am not going to "stay at home". I havent during this entire pandemic and I am not going to start now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 8:37 AM

So do you believe wearing a mask and not being near people will make the virus disappear or are you planning on doing that the rest of your life?

Jul 14, 2020, 8:54 AM

What a brave social distance warrior you are!

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:23 AM

Oh what a surprise.. Cornflakes decided to post another

Jul 14, 2020, 9:48 AM

mask thread on the football board. At this point you either have alzheimers and don't remember you post this same crap every day or you are just wanting to start an argument. Perhaps consider taking this topic to the P&R board since the mask issue seems to be a religious crusade for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh what a surprise.. Cornflakes decided to post another

Jul 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

User Logo
tabbyplague®
Orange Blooded [4905]
Oh what a surprise.. Cornflakes decided to post another [1]
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 9:48 AM

mask thread on the football board. At this point you either have alzheimers and don't remember you post this same crap every day or you are just wanting to start an argument. Perhaps consider taking this topic to the P&R board since the mask issue seems to be a religious crusade for you.

methinks all that carbon dioxide he is breathing in from that mask he wears 24/7 is effecting his brain. oh wait......

Please RA this manger dump.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

The mods think we are the tent landfill.

If they won’t take out the trash, we must

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s gettin ridiculous.***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please RA this manger dump.

Jul 14, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Please RA this manger dump. ]

i wood play in a landfill forum

Such snowflakes!

Jul 14, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Please RA this manger dump. ]

Did the bad man "abuse" you? Be sure to tell Mommy

Jul 14, 2020, 12:00 PM

probably more about cleaning your hands than a mask