Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attention Chuckston T-man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,312

Attention Chuckston T-man

Mar 25, 2019, 7:41 PM

What is your plan for the Clemson men's basketball coach (whomever it may be) to overcome the institutionalized cheating, the various shoe companies and BasketballUSA in recruiting student athletes?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evidently a great coach is all we need

Mar 25, 2019, 7:56 PM

to overcome any and everything, even our ridiculously low basketball budget, other teams' superior basketball histories, and yes, coaches who are paying players $$.

If you disagree with him, you are in denial and making excuses for mediocrity.

Hope this helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

I would love to hear why anything you have said

Mar 25, 2019, 8:13 PM

IS NOT an excuse for mediocrity.

By definition... your entire premise is an excuse for mediocrity. How is that not true?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My posts are based on demanding better for Clemson basketball.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:50 PM

If you could actually be objective and read what I write, you would see that.

Unlike you, I believe that Clemson should spend more on basketball. We have to, in order to give our coaches the best chance to succeed and overcome our awful basketball history and lackluster fan support.

You can keep taking the simpleton view that all we need is a new coach. Based on our history, that coach will either be unsuccessful and be fired, or he will string together a few good seasons and then leave for greener pastures. Rinse and repeat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

We've found the guy that won't leave us.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:09 PM

Unfortunately, it's because nobody else wants him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would love to hear why anything you have said

Mar 25, 2019, 10:42 PM [ in reply to I would love to hear why anything you have said ]

Snow, I get that you do not agree with JK whom I do agree with as well as respect your opinion, but what is the brass tax answer in your opinion? I’ve read all the posts about OP and RB who had success. Those are given. What though is the answer today? None of us want to lose in the NIT or even be there, but say we fire Brad, a coach that his players respect him and probably play beyond their initial potential for. Whom do we seek? Do Clemson fans really think that Drad doesn’t know there is a problem? If we haven’t run him off like we did LS, maybe there is more than we know.

Bowden was a selfish and introverted clown. I was friends with players that played for him that couldn’t stand what an absentee leader he was. Guys that started for him! Same for Larry Shyatt. One player told me he couldn’t wait for the season to end. My point is that our now past BB roster don’t seem to feel the same.

I’m just saying that maybe it isn’t all on the current coach. Maybe there is more to it all than a coach that clearly is an honest recruiter and known strategic basketball leader. Maybe it’s a combination. Idk. All I do know is that my son is excited to go back to Brad’s camp this summer again and spend time with great young men that he leaned a lot from last summer. If that makes me a BB apologist, I’ll wear a shirt that says so, I’m ok with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Evidently a great coach is all we need

Mar 25, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Evidently a great coach is all we need ]

what ridiculously low is our shooting percentage. If wofford can find some shooters why cant we.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't answer for the Chuckster but I would ask Dabo for

Mar 25, 2019, 8:02 PM

3 names as suggestions and start from there. Dabo is personal enough and respected enough in all of coachdom as to where I'm sure he's met 1000's of coaches from all sports over the years and he's one to keep up with the brightest of them. That would check a lot of boxes right there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And if Dabo says,

Mar 25, 2019, 8:10 PM

Brad is the right man to lead the program, what say everyone?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Brad were one of the 3 names then he should

Mar 25, 2019, 8:12 PM

definitely be in the mix.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic