Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At a Record Rate...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,013

At a Record Rate...

May 22, 2018, 10:10 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-down-why-five-star-quarterbacks-are-suddenly-transferring-at-a-record-rate/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At a Record Rate...

May 22, 2018, 10:28 AM

do we need to recruit even more of them? at the rate they are leaving we'll be out by start of the season

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps it says

May 22, 2018, 10:56 AM

More about those who pass out the stars, than it does about the players, themselves. Kinda like McSKiper on the NFL side.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so.

May 22, 2018, 11:25 AM

Unless there's evidence that this is happening all across the board, and not just at the QB position, i believe there are other factors at play.

1) Only 1 QB can play at a time and they usually play the majority (if not 100%) of the snaps in a game. There just isn't much PT to go around

2) 5-star guys all have the NFL in mind from the moment they step foot on campus. Not all of them make it, but we are talking about the top ~30 prospects in the country in a given year. These are literally the one-percenters of the football world.

3) They've transferred for a variety of reasons. Shea Patterson got caught up in the Hugh Freeze debacle at Ole Miss, Kyler Murray was one of a number of players to leave A&M towards the end of the Sumlin era, Eason got injured and lost his starting job to another 5-star in Jake Fromm, and Hunter Johnson is apparently not keen about his chances of beating out another 5-star in Trevor Lawrence. I believe Blake Barnett got beat out by Jalen Hurts (#1 dual threat QB in his class) at Bama as well.

I don't think getting caught up in scandal and probation (Patterson), internal turmoil (Murray), or losing out on a job to another super-elite prospect (Eason, Johnson, Barnett) means a guy can't play or that the recruiting services were wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic