»
Topic: As you age, does your feelings toward football change?
Replies: 50   Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 8:37 AM by: apextiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 50   Pages: 3  
[ 1 2 3 | Next ]

As you age, does your feelings toward football change?

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Do you care less? Care more when you retired and have more free time?

I actually cared LESS while I attended Clemson...and that was when Spiller was there! I regret not making the most of those years. I missed out on many opportunities to see a Clemson legend.

Re: As you age, does your feelings toward football change?

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:54 PM

It's always been my thing. That's over 40 years now following them. Hasnt changed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I think that was a sly attempt to identify us old fellas....***

[5]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:55 PM

Same here. I was a freshman at Clemson in 1977, I'm every

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 5:49 PM

bit as excited about every game today as I was my freshman year. I will feel the same way the last season the Good Lord blesses me to see, even if I'm 100 years old.

Go Tigers!

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:56 PM

Everything changes

2018 purple level member

[5]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:09 PM

> Everything changes.

You are right about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a student and up to now, I have always been excited about Clemson football. So sorry I can't attend the games any longer; however, thank goodness for TV.

In fact, I get too excited!!!

2018 white level member

I'm 57 so I can say H3LL NO! I love as much today

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:58 PM

as I did in my late teens

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:59 PM

I have always loved the Tigers even as a little kid but I know more about the team and follow them more closely since turning 15 or 16. I am 25 now. I don't see me ever caring any less. Idk why but I, like many, feel like Clemson football is apart of my life. It is not everything but it is dang important. Though it has no impact on me or my family if they win expect for my happiness.

wins are better losses don't matter as much***

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 3:59 PM

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Yep.

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:06 PM

Unless it's to the chickens.

Re: Yep.

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 7:56 PM

I have to say at 62 my dislike of all things Scar are if nothing else more embedded and intensified.

2018 orange level member

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Yep.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 9:01 PM

Same here, my dislike for the coots has more than tripled ever since Spurrier helped them taste a little bit of success. After that bare minimum of success, coot nation turned into a rotten fan base that I had never seen or heard about in all my years of being a FB fan. They became more angry and vindictive as any fan base in the entire country, and not only against Clemson, it was every fan base they played on a regular bases except for the Bama fan base. And that one is the one that I have never understood. It was like they now felt like a bully and was scared to death of the baddest bully in Bama that came around some times!!!! The total truth is, it is their own administrations fault that they have never been successful in FB, and that is bc they never wanted to pay the price for a successful FB program in their past history. And now that only Spurrier has been successful there, it's really hard to find another good solid head fb coach to come and risk their careers there!!!

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Very true. The older you get the faster you move on to

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 5:50 PM

the next game.

[18]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:19 PM

At 96 and counting I suppose I qualify as aging. As we age, more factors become involved, the most important, perhaps, being health. There are other factors involved but I will not attempt to enumerate because they don't apply to me. I still love football, continue to go to the games and bleed orange. I've seen the ups and downs of the program since 1955. I suppose the main difference is the subdued "gungho". I hate like heck for the Tigers to lose but realize now football is not the most important thing in my life. Our values change and it is not so much our losing interest in the game as it these other factors in our life have gained more importance than what they commanded in our younger years.

After re-reading my comments, they seem a bit contradictory. If I had lost interest or my interest was subdued, what the heck am I doing on this board?

^ No one can argue with this post.***

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:22 PM

2018 orange level member

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

dude..

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 7:52 PM

you're old :)

Joe - I speak for everyone here - we LOVE you and your

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 9:04 PM

perspective is priceless.

I agree with others - I'm still as passionate as ever and wildly celebrate the wins - even the ugly ones - and fret the losses A LOT LESS than I used to.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Joe - I speak for everyone here - we LOVE you and your

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 9:08 PM

That's the absolute truth, it just gets easier to move on past the ugly ones with the age!!!

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:24 PM

My interest was very high in the not the best days, and it has doubled in the Dabo years!!! No drop off for me!!!

The older I get, the more I appreciate it.***

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:25 PM

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 4:38 PM

Imo, there are few definite factors in the growth of a football fan. I've seasoned a bit over the years but how much I care or how passionate I am about Clemson Football hasn't changed.

In my early years of being a Tiger fan, which was a period of five or six years after graduation it seemed the world ended when we lost our first game. Danny being fired might have been the breaking point. I didn't think I'd ever get over it. I'm kinda moving on now.

I went from a doom and gloom guy to someone who can find a bright star on the cloudiest night. Maybe it's age or maybe the orange glasses are just thicker, it's hard to say.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 50   Pages: 3  
[ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 5 season tickets available North Stands, Section N, Row M. Cost of tickets will be Iptay seating equ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2451 people have read this post