Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As the Bama game showed....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

As the Bama game showed....

Jan 2, 2018, 4:27 PM

This is why missing on Jamarree,Mays, Hill and other O-linemen is cause for concern. Kinda hard for a team to generate offense when being blasted off the line of scrimmage in to their own backfield. While KB has a very limited skill set in the passing game he was not given any help by a line that resembled the proverbial Christmas goose. It is great we are recruiting elite at the d-line but guys this shows it MUST be on both sides of the trenches. In final one cannot be called WRU if that team cannot throw the ball downfield, just another harsh truth. Some of you may not like this comment but it is time to stop residing in denial. It was there in living color for all to see, Bama came in bullied Clemson and stole our lunch money so to speak. In truth the ACC was fairly weak and what we assumed to be a gauntlet turned out to be a chute for being led to slaughter. CU needs to put as much emphasis on the o-line as the d-line in recruiting. BV has more than enough toys to move around the chess board .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?***

Jan 2, 2018, 4:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?***

Jan 2, 2018, 4:33 PM

are you just satisfied with beating top 25 teams other than bama? to win the championship we need a better line and that showed last night

Actually, as bad as the line played, what we needed were a

Jan 2, 2018, 4:46 PM

couple of plays made down the field and some leadership on O. Saban dared KB to beat him with his arm so somebody had to step up and make a play or two. Take a 50/50 ball or two. Something. No one stepped up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Actually, as bad as the line played, what we needed were a

Jan 2, 2018, 5:10 PM

Some guys DID step up, right inside Kelly B's face within 1 /12 sec almost every play. Can't throw if you are getting the snot bubble pushed out your nose. O-line was a travesty and the running backs couldn't get up field. Up the middle, up the middle, up the middle...wow. VERY bad game plan.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?*** ]

Yeah, we won that championship last year so your argument is pretty much a non-starter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?*** ]

How many ended the year looking like a ranked team is the better question? UL,VT,NCST,Miami heck even AU got drug by UCF.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:21 PM

Why does it matter what they looked like at the end of the season? What should matter is what they look like when you beat them, to take away effects of injuries, etc.

Also, lol at AU getting "drug" by UCF. You must have either not watched the game or not know football very well.

anything less than signing #1 at every OL position is

Jan 2, 2018, 4:31 PM

unacceptable. Best is standard

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: anything less than signing #1 at every OL position is

Jan 2, 2018, 4:36 PM

Did I say every #1, the ones I mentioned were guys in play for CU. If you want to play with the Bama's, soon UGA's and others an offensive line is something one should aspire to dedicate concern to acquiring. Kinda hard to run plays when the o=line is blasted in to the backfield. While KB is never going to a great passer I can promise that having zero time in pocket does not help.

Re: As the Bama game showed....

Jan 2, 2018, 4:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:37 PM

I am assuming the 21 was yards to go on 3rd down for Clemson during the game.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:44 PM

Ah, when one has no come back with thought and reasoning he resorts to calling you a moron. Kinda like a liberal would do I guess. Oh well, it is what it is and what it is and it seems to be denial.

'liberal'

Jan 2, 2018, 4:52 PM

Last night's game showed 2 teams in a

Jan 2, 2018, 4:40 PM

defensive battle that 2 TO's and dropped passes hurt more than playing the Bama D.Did the Oline have their hands full ? YES, does every OLine have their hands full playing Bama's D ?

Re: Last night's game showed 2 teams in a

Jan 2, 2018, 4:46 PM

Come on , we had 96 yards of total offense going in to the 4th.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:19 PM

do the names bockhorst, dehond, and now carman ring a bell??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 2, 2018, 5:22 PM

No, those don't count because of Mays, Salyer, Hill, blah blah blah.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:59 PM

Not getting 5* offensive linemen is only a problem if you want to beat teams with 3 deep 5* DLs. I do not feel confident about our ability to take middle of the pack OL talent and coach them into NFL tier guys though. Hyatt has been amazing, but he was amazing when he got here.

Frankly, we need to poach someone from the SEC to teach our guys how to hold and get away with it.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:09 PM

Sorry to see that this topic has come full circle. I screamed this from the top of my lungs a couple of years back. I DO NOT and WILL NOT TRUST THESE TWO "CO-OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS). They have a Ferrari and drive like they would a Volkswagen. They have HORRIBLE play calls and get away with it too often. Dabo did GREAT getting Brent Venables. NOW he needs to do exactly the same for the offensive side of the ball. I would grab a serious and proven O-line coach and do some serious recruiting for BIG FULLBACKS. Its fine to have some speed, but sometimes you need to punch someone in the mouth over and over and over before you can run around them. If Dabo wants an elite program, you have to HIRE ELITE COACHES at ALL POSITIONS. I appreciate the sad stories of the coaches and their trials, but that only goes so far as an interesting story. The ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WINNING. PERIOD.
You want to "change the culture", congratulations, you did it. That said, the DOWNSIDE to that new culture is "WE EXPECT TO WIN" This is not time for the underdog story anymore. 61 games and two National title appearances, time to win and win and win with serious big boy physical smash football. The line HAS to impose its will on the other line, whether you are the OFFENSE OR DEFENSE.
BIG FULLBACKS, BIG TIGHT ENDS, BIG ELITE O-LINE TALENT> Time to go recruit in Texas and California if necessary.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:16 PM

So big full backs, tight ends, and o-linemen are only in Texas and California? They're must not be major programs out there recruiting either.

Why, in the hell, would we recruit a full back? They don't really fit in our scheme, or any scheme we will have under Dabo.

Lastly, THESE COACHES KNOW HOW TO WIN AS EVIDENCED BY THE TROPHY WE GOT YOU DUMB ###.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:18 PM

Do you know how many "elite" offensive linemen there are in a given recruiting class? Less than on the defensive side. So to say that we aren't recruiting those guys is asinine.

This line did just fine last year, and had 4 players return. So the point you're actually wanting to make is that they weren't developed from last year to this year, not that recruiting has sucked.

But don't let facts get in the way of your little temper tantrum.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic