Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I

Jun 12, 2017, 4:28 PM

must say:
The ceremony was excellent and much more than I ever imagined. I have to give credit where it is due.

1. The ceremony was great
2. Clements did a great job
3. Dabo was his usual amazing self. His speech was great.
4. And yes, Trump's speech and comments were wonderful. I thought he did a great job.

It was never political until the mark where the governor and half a dozen republicans had to get their faces in front of the national title team. Still that would have been ok, but one of them, I think the governor, kept saying, Thank you for cutting our taxes president Trump. He said it about three times. Really, he kind of forgot the moment there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I

Jun 12, 2017, 4:28 PM

it was classy all the way, great job by everyone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, except for the bumpkin that kept harpiing about

Jun 12, 2017, 4:30 PM

the taxes with about three minutes to go. Unfortunately, I think it was the Governor of SC.

All of our players, coaches, and Trump himself stayed very

Jun 12, 2017, 4:32 PM

classy and kept it non-political. Then that jerk gets up there and spoils it with his tax comments. By the way, have they been cut yet, because I haven't noticed. I guess it went a little in that direction when Trump called all the republican delegation up there. It was the Clemson team's moment, not the time for a bunch of career politicians to get their mugs up there.

Re: All of our players, coaches, and Trump himself stayed very

Jun 12, 2017, 4:42 PM

I just want to know what Lindsay graham said to swinney that made him laugh

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that would be interesting. Also must have been hard

Jun 12, 2017, 4:58 PM

for Trump and Graham to shake hands.

Re: Yes, that would be interesting. Also must have been hard

Jun 12, 2017, 11:07 PM

Yes if I was President Trump I don't know that I could shake his hand

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

He probably said, "If the coots ever get here

Jun 13, 2017, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: All of our players, coaches, and Trump himself stayed very ]

somebody's gonna be arrested for having the ##### on the White House lawn."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

ha...

Jun 17, 2017, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: All of our players, coaches, and Trump himself stayed very ]

more than likely he said...."Seriously Coach, I am not gay. Really I am not."

I would have laughed, too

Re: Agree, except for the bumpkin that kept harpiing about

Jun 13, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Agree, except for the bumpkin that kept harpiing about ]

LOOK IN THE MIRROR IF YOU WANT TO SEE A BUMPKIN COOT.

Jun 12, 2017, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I ]

That was very civil if you balm. Are you feeling well?

Jun 12, 2017, 4:31 PM

GUESS YOU MISSED THE PART WHERE TRUMP ASKED THEM TO COME UP HUH COOT.

No, I'm well aware he asked them to come up. As great a job

Jun 12, 2017, 4:35 PM

as Trump did in his speech. He shouldn't have asked the career politicians to come up and get their mugs in front of the team when it was the team's moment. The result of that was a lot of classy young men who were being honored had to remain classy and stand there and listen to their governor yell about partisan tax cuts. Oh well, it was great all the way up until that point. But he must have really wanted to get his message out there, he blurted it out about three times. Everyone, including Trump tried to ignore it and keep it classy though.

You whine about how many times our governor

Jun 12, 2017, 10:45 PM

blurted out "thank you for lowering our taxes". How times have YOU mentioned that? Hello pot, meet kettle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2017, 4:34 PM

Life still tough for you living in Mom's basement........suck it you liberal coot.

I actually live in a detached, single family home in

Jun 12, 2017, 4:57 PM

the city of Atlanta that I doubt you can afford. Keep in mind, houses in a major American city don't have to be Graceland to cost a huge amount. It's all about supply and demand. There are simply very few detached homes going up in major cities due to land limitations. So the millions of people moving into those cities, have to pay a good price for a house. But is is a nice house, I will say that. To give you an idea, I have owned a home (not this one),in Atlanta since 1988. The whole buy low, sell high thing? Well, if you can imagine, buying a home in a major city in 1988 and then the value gained by 2007, then buying another at the bottom of the housing market and riding that wave back up.

I have a Roth IRA that I'm not allowed to contribute a larger amount to any more because of salary, and I have a full pension waiting. There is a basement in the home at Lake Oconee, or at least a bottom floor, but I don't usually stay there when my parents are visiting me at that home. They no longer like to drive in Atlanta traffic, so I will stay there and drive them into Atlanta. The condo at Litchfield By the Sea is a rental, so I never stay there. But as soon as I stop working for good, I am going to stop renting that out, remodel it entirely, sell all of this stuff in Georgia, and move down to the beach. I like that location the best, even though the condo there, as it is now, is not up to the décor and standard I would live in on a daily basis. Its more strictly nice, beach rental. But that can easily be fixed.
At 54, I am grateful to still have both of my parents, and they have been married for 56 years now. I am so fortunate. I don't live with them though.

But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and imagine that I am in Mom's basement. I would tend to think that anyone who communicates at a level such as "suck it you liberal coot" might indeed live in a parent basement, and may actually thing that other people would find that to be an insult that could actually be close to something one might actually experience. but I would never make an assumption as cliché, or as far from anything I could imagine as that.

Go Tigers!

Re: I actually live in a detached, single family home in

Jun 12, 2017, 4:58 PM

I actually live in a detached, single family home in
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 4:57 PM

the city of Atlanta that I doubt you can afford. Keep in mind, houses in a major American city don't have to be Graceland to cost a huge amount. It's all about supply and demand. There are simply very few detached homes going up in major cities due to land limitations. So the millions of people moving into those cities, have to pay a good price for a house. But is is a nice house, I will say that. To give you an idea, I have owned a home (not this one),in Atlanta since 1988. The whole buy low, sell high thing? Well, if you can imagine, buying a home in a major city in 1988 and then the value gained by 2007, then buying another at the bottom of the housing market and riding that wave back up.

I have a Roth IRA that I'm not allowed to contribute a larger amount to any more because of salary, and I have a full pension waiting. There is a basement in the home at Lake Oconee, or at least a bottom floor, but I don't usually stay there when my parents are visiting me at that home. They no longer like to drive in Atlanta traffic, so I will stay there and drive them into Atlanta. The condo at Litchfield By the Sea is a rental, so I never stay there. But as soon as I stop working for good, I am going to stop renting that out, remodel it entirely, sell all of this stuff in Georgia, and move down to the beach. I like that location the best, even though the condo there, as it is now, is not up to the décor and standard I would live in on a daily basis. Its more strictly nice, beach rental. But that can easily be fixed.
At 54, I am grateful to still have both of my parents, and they have been married for 56 years now. I am so fortunate. I don't live with them though.

But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and imagine that I am in Mom's basement. I would tend to think that anyone who communicates at a level such as "suck it you liberal coot" might indeed live in a parent basement, and may actually thing that other people would find that to be an insult that could actually be close to something one might actually experience. but I would never make an assumption as cliché, or as far from anything I could imagine as that.

Go #####!

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you.***

Jun 12, 2017, 5:44 PM [ in reply to I actually live in a detached, single family home in ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So you have a house in expensive Atlanta and beach house

Jun 12, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to I actually live in a detached, single family home in ]

and a weekend house and you can't afford a couple bucks to crump on a site that you have posted thousands of times to in a few short years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why pay for something that is already free? That's not how

Jun 12, 2017, 10:35 PM

you accumulate wealth.

Re: Why pay for something that is already free? That's not how

Jun 12, 2017, 10:43 PM

wow

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

At least I don't have a Go Fund Me Account to start a

Jun 14, 2017, 8:40 PM

business. That's a wow.

Well played***

Jun 13, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to I actually live in a detached, single family home in ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

lol***

Jun 13, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I actually live in a detached, single family home in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 12, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I ]

> Life still tough for you living in Mom's
> basement........suck it you liberal coot.

don't think 81-85's making a truthful statement that wasn't hateful or mean spirited deserves the response you posted.
(But) I guess that's to be expected nowdays. Smh

Jun 12, 2017, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: As much as I dreaded the Tigers going to meet Trump, I ]

Your comment is tasteless

Jun 12, 2017, 4:54 PM

Y'all do realize that there were a bunch of Clemson grads and probably donors. Even above the players, have to keep the donors happy. You don't get that beautiful 55 million dollar FOB without them. You knew the South Carolina politicians would use it to get up there next to Trump. The President isn't a very accessible man, you use whatever excuse you can to get to him.

Yes, thought Trump did a great job up there, Just wish

Jun 12, 2017, 5:00 PM

he hadn't asked those career politicians up there right at the end. And one of them was running mouth.

Jun 12, 2017, 5:02 PM

Lost me at dreaded Tigers going to meet Trump.

Jun 12, 2017, 5:19 PM

Well, since someone did bring in the politics, that is the first time in 8 years someone mentioned a tax cut in Washington.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2017, 8:17 PM

Not quite true- as usual. Obama had tax cuts as part of the stimulus package he signed in 2010.

The GOP has become a real broken record on this issue and a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans is a complete waste of money. And I say this without fear of educated contradiction.

Jun 12, 2017, 5:26 PM

Especially Linda Graham.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2017, 9:43 PM

It's big of you to to admit [most of] that.

Amazing how many "little things" bother you.***

Jun 12, 2017, 9:46 PM

Well he has his IRA and detached home to worry about***

Jun 13, 2017, 11:29 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes, the detached part is the key, because there are so many

Jun 14, 2017, 9:53 PM

townhomes and condos in Atlanta, which are nice a pricey in their own way, but a detached in the city is just like a continuous cash register ringing. I'm glad you picked up on the detached part. And they say Atlanta, which is 5.7 million metro area will be around 8 million by 2030. If a supply curve is constantly shifting to the left while the demand curve is constantly shifting to the right, well the math gets fun. There will be plenty of high rise condos, not so many townhouses and even less detached houses. There just simply isn't anywhere to put them.

I think to myself sometimes that there is no way I could afford to buy my Atlanta house now. I would not be able to afford this house I'm living in now. There is just no way my salary and budget would cover it. Ten years into a fixed mortgage, that is a really cool feeling. Ten years ago, it was very affordable and my salary was much lower than it is now. Real estate pricing in rural America is also increasing, but not like in the cities. Detached is the key. I can't wait until Atlanta housing prices are what a city like San Francisco's prices are now.
That means this house will probably make more than all my years of work and my retirement accounts.
There are three main ways to accumulate wealth: Day to day job, retirement accounts, and home ownership. If you play them all the right way, which is not very complicated, you can really have a blast.

I don't understand when I see some of my high school classmates, still within a block of where they grew up, working, but not investing in real estate, individual retirements, and sitting there commenting on the fate of Social Security. I'm thinking to myself, God help, did they say Social Security, really? They've hitched their wagon to Social Security? I'm just really at a loss for words. I will say this for them though, with all their possible limitations, I don't think any of them are living in their mom's basement. I just find it hard to believe that people on here use that as an insult. It's as if the person using it to insult people, thinks it is actually something that is happening with some frequency.

I just think to myself, thank God I walked into that gym in the fall of 1980 and nailed an SAT score that I knew, form the moment I received it, was an instant ticket out of that burg. I used that to get into Clemson, not a big city, but home to the school I considered to be the best school in the state, by far. No disrespect to the other schools in the state, but I was looking at academics, athletics, campus, atmosphere. I was looking for the whole package. From there, I would move to Los Angeles. While in LA for three years, which I loved, I looked around and made an observation. I saw that I would not be able to buy a decent house as they were priced too high. Even modest homes were priced too high. I saw that I needed to move to a city where I could do what the LA people with nice homes had done 30 years before I got there. So I moved to Atlanta where I could afford to buy a detached home in a very desirable location, with potential to become even more desirable. It worked!

Yes, I'm a liberal, very liberal. But I understand the fiscal responsibility trumpet they are always blowing. I have always felt that the most important decisions in my life would be made by the president of my life, which is none other than me. I am the president of me. I see so many of the Republican supporters that cry about fiscal responsibility and they are not. They're just floating there, blaming their unhappy financial situation on liberals.

Jun 12, 2017, 10:38 PM

Why would you ever dread our Tigers going to the whitehouse and being honored by The President of The United States?

Because he is Donald Trump. It's not any more complicated

Jun 14, 2017, 10:00 PM

than that. I was raised to have respect for the office, not an automatic for the person. Automatic respect for a person because he is the leader of a country is disastrous in some parts of this world.

It's amazing how u feel about Trump when U don't let CNN or MSNBC set

Jun 12, 2017, 11:00 PM

It up for you isn't it? J/k. Glad we as Clemson Tigers had an overall good day regardless of politics.

I know some folks suggested some Tigers might/should boycott

Jun 13, 2017, 10:05 AM

the event. Can you imagine missing out on that special day at the White House?! The expression on the faces of all the players said it all.

What a day that must have been for them.

Go Tigers!

I suggested it and I'm glad they didn't. It did turn out to

Jun 14, 2017, 8:53 PM

be nice up until the career politicians waddled up there in front of the players to steal a photo op with three minutes to go. I'm glad the players and their families had better composure on the subject than I did. I'm sure many of the parents of our great players advised their child to "just swallow your pride and go, you'll be glad you did." It now seems that was good advice.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic