»
Topic: As far as conference divisions go
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 7, 2018 7:17 AM by: JD404®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

As far as conference divisions go

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 10:42 PM

How complicated would it be to shuffle the divisions every 5 or 10 years? This not only goes for the ACC, but all the other ones too. It seems every conference has a top heavy side, year after year.

2018 white level member

I think Divisions will go away before that happens

[1]
Posted: Dec 6, 2018 10:50 PM

Big10 is already talking about doing away with divisions. Just create a permanent crossover or 2 and then let the 2 teams w best record play for Championship.

Would be the simplest solution and you wouldn’t end up with the crap we saw in ACCCG or Big10 Champ game.

But yet another level of unbalanced schedules.***

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 10:53 PM

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

The ACCCG would have been the same regardless

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 7:17 AM

of divisions. Pitt tied with Syracuse for the 2nd-best conference record, and won the head-to-head.

2018 white level member

We’ll see another major conference realignment

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:12 PM

Once ESPN and other content providers can contractually move away from cable. It is absurd that Clemson volleyball is traveling to Boston to play a match, and the same for U5Cjr going to College Station, TX. You’ll see the major football school forming more regional conferences and the individual colleges producing and selling their own content with the help of ESPN. You’ve already seen every ACC school invest millions in on campus TV production studios. The original Southern Conference had most of the current SEC and ACC teams before breaking up into smaller regional conferences, and I think you’ll see history repeat itself.

I would think our volleyball team is pretty stoked about

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:47 PM

visiting Boston. It's a great scene.

College Station on the other hand. Or Morgantown for all those Big 12 teams. We don't have it so bad, but would like to see us spread our conference football games around much more than they are today. It's killing cool rivalries and travel opps.

2018 white level member

Re: I would think our volleyball team is pretty stoked about

[2]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 12:17 AM

I guess you missed my point, it’s way too costly to be flying non revenue teams all over the country, plus all the missed class time. How much free time do you think they get on a trip to Boston? The football team flies up on Friday and then flies home after the game Saturday night, getting home early Sunday morning. This isn’t a vacation or a site seeing trip for the players.

Once the current revenue model changes when streaming content is no longer tied to a cable provider and you can buy content directly from the producer the conferences will adjust.

It's not like the average football fan has any clue

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:33 PM

as to who is in our Atlantic or Coastal division anyway. Dey don't make no sense. Might as well mix 'em up some for 2-4 year stretches to spread the visits out. Hard to recruit in VA when we only visit there once every 6 years, with two members there to boot.

2018 white level member

Get rid of divisions. Rotate opponents.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 6:42 AM

Everybody plays everybody else 3 times in 5 years with one game left. That could always be the "natural rivals" so they would play 4 years out of 5.

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: 50 YARD LINE 4 iptay purchased Cotton Bowl tickets. Selling for local pickup Greenville SC Game ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
648 people have read this post